PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Those with Pocket Divx Encoder (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132282)

Deltatristar500 08-25-2010 09:41 AM

Those with Pocket Divx Encoder

Hi, for those that use the Divx Pocket Encoder, what settings do you use for best picture quality. Do you choose the VGA device on the list or the PDA device for example? I also use Coreplayer to play the movies. I tried the VGA device settings and cranked the video quality all the way up and sound all the way up for a movie file that was almost 1.5gigs. Nothing but tearing and stuttering. Im thinking about staying in the 600 biterate zone for the video quality. But still using the VGA "device settings" instead of PDA which is 320 X 240 if I recall.

Thanks!

boredandtattooed 08-25-2010 01:36 PM

Re: Those with Pocket Divx Encoder

well VGA is only 480x640.... your device is 480x800...

and id keep your bitrate more inbetween 350-450, TP2s cant handle much more than that..

also your FPS should be your biggest concern, dont go over 25FPS, but honestly 23.5(i think is the setting) usually works best for me...

I use Wondershare, not the prog your talking about... but attributes are attributes no matter what prog your doing it with

creedo 08-25-2010 03:26 PM

You might also try different codecs, some decode more easily than others. I haven't seen the latest divx used to encode anything lately, people seem to either use older divx or xvid, or they've moved on to newer codecs like h264.

You might see if you can encode to an xvid video/mp3 audio and see if it plays any better. Also just for fun try an h264 video/aac audio. H264 is more processor intensive to decode but I'm thinking phones might have hardware optimized for it since it's the common codec for 3gp videos. I know many computer video cards come built in with stuff to handle h264 decoding efficiently, maybe the phone does also.

Deltatristar500 08-27-2010 11:35 AM

I get a purple line on the top of my screen sometimes when I continue a movie using coreplayer. I have Zoom set to fill screen and aspect ration set to auto

creedo 08-27-2010 11:46 AM

Odd issue. Mine's set so when I pause it goes to the small screen (portrait) and then unpause goes back to full screen. Try that?

boredandtattooed 08-27-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 (Post 1925781)
I get a purple line on the top of my screen sometimes when I continue a movie using coreplayer. I have Zoom set to fill screen and aspect ration set to auto

I use CorePlay a TON and sometimes come across the issue your talking about(either the line at the Top or the screen flashes Blue during playback).. goto menu>tools>preferences>video>change from Qtv to Raw Frame buffer, change smooth zoom to ON, and uncheck Dither.. these settings play almost everything Ive ever thrown at CorePlayer..

as far as Options go> set Zoom to Fit Best> and like you already have it keep Aspect Ratio on Auto... honestly if you ever need to Zoom, use the "Fit + 10%,20%,30%" settings, it doesnt stretch your image usually..

Deltatristar500 08-27-2010 01:27 PM

Plus my videos are set to 362 X 272 even thouse I chose the devise settings that are "480 X something", but when I choose the movie to encode..it then changes the settings to 362 X 272. How do I get them to fit the screen a bit more with out warping the image for something near the TP2 screen size, maybe like 480 X 262