PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint TP2 Signal Issues. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132269)

encore18 08-25-2010 04:02 AM

Sprint TP2 Signal Issues.

Ok here is the deal, I have a brand new Touch pro 2 and my signal on this thing sucks at my house, whats strange is i will have full bars and not even move or touch the phone and i will watch it drop to 1/2 a bar, it does this while i am on a call too.

I have the latest prl update 60670 and i am using Energy Rom 6.5.x not that a rom would make a difference.

My last touch pro 2 did not have this issue and i always had full bars in my house.

darren.wlsn1 08-25-2010 04:06 AM

Re: Sprint TP2 Signal Issues.

flash a different radio sir, bet it helps.

encore18 08-25-2010 04:19 AM

I have the newest sprint radio on it, it came with it. I thought the phone must be unlocked to flash a new radio?

Nevermind i just flashed the older radio... Thank You for your help, i am flashing the newest energy rom right now too and will let you know how my signal is after its finished.

Thank You.

encore18 08-25-2010 04:53 AM

Well that didn't help. The older radio is acting just like the other one. What is causing this thing to have full bars to no bars? The signal is fluctuating bad, and i mean it will be full one second and almost gone the next.

jerryyyyy 08-25-2010 08:10 PM

Does it behave the same outside the house, if so would get a new phone.....

matchstickredgti 08-25-2010 08:37 PM

did you have the 7 bar signal strength cab on your previous?

eric12341 08-25-2010 08:40 PM

just because ur bars are low doesn't mean ur signal quality is gonna be bad.

encore18 08-25-2010 11:34 PM

It doesnt matter if i am inside or outside. i would get a new phone but i paid full price for this one brand new in the box. I am using this on boost mobile, my last one always had better signal than this one, the sad part is i was riding a wheelie on my rocket and ran it over after it fell out of my pocket.

I was wondering if maybe it has to do provisioning? Or maybe i have some wrong settings in the programming menu.

Not only is my signal low and spiking all over the place, the data speeds are really slow on this replacement phone too, like 75-180kps.

This sucks.

kaos 08-26-2010 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by encore18 (Post 1924144)
It doesnt matter if i am inside or outside. i would get a new phone but i paid full price for this one brand new in the box. I am using this on boost mobile, my last one always had better signal than this one, the sad part is i was riding a wheelie on my rocket and ran it over after it fell out of my pocket.

I was wondering if maybe it has to do provisioning? Or maybe i have some wrong settings in the programming menu.

Not only is my signal low and spiking all over the place, the data speeds are really slow on this replacement phone too, like 75-180kps.

This sucks.

its the rom. when i flash energy or anyother developer besides vins. my signal does that. when on vins i show full service. try a different rom before you dem it bad.

kevintmr 08-26-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1923972)
just because ur bars are low doesn't mean ur signal quality is gonna be bad.

I agree with this.

Encore18, try using fieldtrial.exe (I know its part of the stock rom on sprint) to check signal strengths. From the dialer, enter ##33284# and observe Rx Power. The lower the number, the better the signal strength.

Note: The lowest I've seen my Rx Power was -54 dbm. Roaming occurs for me around -110 dbm.