PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help please! Stuck on boot screen

Hi, I literally just got a replacement TP2 for my broken one today, just did HardSPL unlock, confirmed via bootloader it was unlocked, did a hard reset via the All Settings Erase All Data back to stock. At this point the phone rebooted and is stuck on the white HTC boot screen w/ the red BRPD info in the bottom left corner.
It is a VzW device.

I tried a hard reset via send/end/volume down and it seemed to work but still stuck on the boot screen.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Help please! Stuck on boot screen

Try tossing a Rom on the SD card and flashing
Old 08-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If this don't work, try relocking it and do the process again. then flash a stock rom to see if it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
Try tossing a Rom on the SD card and flashing

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks guys, will give it a go...backing up my sd card stuff right now...
will report back
Old 08-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

you know you are having a bad day when this happens, then your only computer with sd card reading ability is your laptop, which has a dead battery, so you plug it in, and your dog chews through the cord...
Old 08-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

ouch...

do you have any old phones you can throw your sd card into and use a usb cable? like an old mogul/tp1 etc?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Hi, I literally just got a replacement TP2 for my broken one today, just did HardSPL unlock, confirmed via bootloader it was unlocked, did a hard reset via the All Settings Erase All Data back to stock. At this point the phone rebooted and is stuck on the white HTC boot screen w/ the red BRPD info in the bottom left corner.
It is a VzW device.

I tried a hard reset via send/end/volume down and it seemed to work but still stuck on the boot screen.
no need to worry nayr,
what you're experiencing is normal. the newest stock verizon tp2 rom is unlike any other the community has seen. The phone must be locked to run it. Yes, i know...STRANGE. So, all you have to do is relock your phone if you want to keep using the stock rom, or just go ahead and flash a custom rom and you'll be good to go.

Last edited by razorloves; 08-24-2010 at 06:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
no need to worry nayr,
what you're experiencing is normal. the newest stock verizon tp2 rom is unlike any other the community has seen. The phone must be locked to run it. Yes, i know...STRANGE. So, all you have to do is relock your phone if you want to keep using the stock rom, or just go ahead and flash a custom rom and you'll be good to go.
dude thanks so much for the tip. cornelius has been helping me but i am unable to get the damn thing to flash from the sd card.
i get into bootloader and a white screen pops up for a second saying "No image file!"

I have formatted my card to FAT32 to like 5 times, and the RHODIMG.ngh is the only file on my card!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
dude thanks so much for the tip. cornelius has been helping me but i am unable to get the damn thing to flash from the sd card.
i get into bootloader and a white screen pops up for a second saying "No image file!"

I have formatted my card to FAT32 to like 5 times, and the RHODIMG.ngh is the only file on my card!
yea, cornelious can definitely help you on flashing your phone. you can flash from computer or your microsd card.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Cornelius2 walked me through it and has solved my problem.

Razorloves mentioned the issue above.

I could not flash from SD for some reason...
So Cornelius2 walked me through go into bootloader mode, connecting to the PC, extracting the rom.exe contents to a folder, and manually running the romupdateutility.exe

HUGE THANKS TO CORNELIUS2!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2