PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Startup and Shutdown animations

Hello All!

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now trying to decide if I wanted to get the TP2 or not. Well I finally bit the big one and sprung for one!

After spending a couple of days with it applying a lot of the tweaks and tips fron here and xda forums I must say that I am very happy with the phone!

This is my first post and I wanted to come in with a contribution to the group so here goes...

The animated Startup and Shutdown screens on this phone are boring to say the least so I have modified mine.

I have a Verizon TP2 and have not tested these on anything else but from the tweaks and registry edits I have found here and on xda I beleive they will work on Sprint and T-Mobile as well. If someone uses these on either phone please reply so others will know for sure.

The files posted below are for display purposes only, they are lower resolution and smaller than the files to be put on the phone (full size images are in the zip file below). Also, they are looping animations so you can see them better, on the phone they will only animate once.

I did not create the original artwork, I just animated them for the TP2.

Starup Animation:

This screen on the phone will animate and end on the black screen with the TP2 pic on it.

The screen after the Startup animation:

And the Shutdown animation:

The shutdown animation is quite fast, it starts with the eyes glowing and they fade out just about the time the phone shuts down.

The usual disclaimer: Please back up your phone or the original files in case you ever want to go back.
If you try these files and something goes wrong I am not responsible so try at your own Risk!

NOTE to Sprint TP2 users...
The file name for the Startup animation is: SPCS_480x800.gif so you will need to rename the file before putting it on your phone. Still haven't figured out what the Shutdown file name is for Sprint or if they even use one.

To install, download the zip file below and extract the files to you PC somewhere they can be access easily, then copy them to your TP2 (the Storage Card is a good place).
Then you will need Resco Explorer or Total Commander to copy or move all 3 files to the Windows folder on your TP2.
You will get a message telling you that you are about to overwrite files that on in your ROM and doing so could cause damage, I just ignore it and it works fine.

Download

Let me know what you think,

Gadget!

Last edited by gadget1; 09-24-2009 at 03:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Startup and Shutdown animations

All 3 are awesome. I will personally only use the welcomehead.png file, but great work on all of them!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Awesome job! This really belongs in the Themes & Software forums, though

Old 09-22-2009, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor

Wow i'm diggin it, thanks man.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

Joker :) is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Joker :)

can i get specific instructions on how to set this up please
Old 09-24-2009, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker :) View Post
can i get specific instructions on how to set this up please
The instructions are in the first post. If they are not clear enough let me know.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

the first skull didn't animate.(the yellow sprint logo animated). the 2nd photo showed up fine. the 3rd skull didn't animate either during shut down. any suggestions?
Steps taken: opened resco file exporer. went to storage card. highlight 1st file. select move to:
select windows .
repeat steps two more times
dialog box "overwrite?" select yes. soft reset. yellow sprint logo. blue windows logo -during shut down.
no logos

Last edited by popularbelief420; 09-24-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

As stated in the first post, I have only tested this on a Verizon TP2, the file names could be different on the Sprint.

I can try to help figure it out though.

During startup and shutdown are you seeing both of the sculls (Startup and Shutdown) but just not animated?
If that's the case then Sprint may use a different type of animation file.

If you don't see either of them then I'm gussing that the file names are different on the Sprint phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

they work super in my vz tp2

~John
Old 09-24-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1 View Post
As stated in the first post, I have only tested this on a Verizon TP2, the file names could be different on the Sprint.

I can try to help figure it out though.

During startup and shutdown are you seeing both of the sculls (Startup and Shutdown) but just not animated?
If that's the case then Sprint may use a different type of animation file.

If you don't see either of them then I'm gussing that the file names are different on the Sprint phone.
No Skulls but you may be right. I 'll go thru RescoFileExplorer and see if i find the proper names and update the thread.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2