PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   "Launching HTC Sense..." (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132235)

lifeuw19 08-25-2010 02:24 PM

Re: "Launching HTC Sense..."

Great... I'm going to try this. So what exactly did you delete from the \Temp\ folder? "Everything" or something specific for Twitter? I bet that's the problem...

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnuts (Post 1922903)
Mine wasn't that bad, but I've been having major issues with what I'm guessing is the Twitter tab. Sense was restarting on my every few minutes today. Found the Twitter data and deleted it and the problem seemed to stop. Look in \Temp\ and that is where the data should be stored for the Twitter tab. I deleted everything and it helped out. Not sure how it stores the tweets, but it could be that there are to many for Sense to handle and it's not smart enough to just delete the old tweets from the cache rather than trying to load them every time.

machineking369 08-25-2010 02:27 PM

lol i actually was about to post a thread about this. I have a problem with this now no matter which rom i'm on and i'm not running stock. I was running mighty rom then lead rom and it still occurs. It doesn't show my tweets either. any ideas?

austin420 08-25-2010 02:38 PM

i dont know if it has anything to do with it, but twitter was having probles all day with various twit apps. this is from twitter support, and then from nrgz28 respectivly...

There is a Known Issue with the API that is causing some clients to crash. A fix is being deployed now. about 24 hours ago via web from Twitter HQ, San Francisco by troy

Damn it.. now my twitter tab is crashing Sense too! Twitter is lying, they didn't fix the API yet. My banner is still broken and so is Sense about 11 hours ago via web

lifeuw19 08-25-2010 02:52 PM

Good to know... not that you're suffering too, but... that I'm not alone and don't have to hard reset to get it back... THANKS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1923487)
i dont know if it has anything to do with it, but twitter was having probles all day with various twit apps. this is from twitter support, and then from nrgz28 respectivly...

There is a Known Issue with the API that is causing some clients to crash. A fix is being deployed now. about 24 hours ago via web from Twitter HQ, San Francisco by troy

Damn it.. now my twitter tab is crashing Sense too! Twitter is lying, they didn't fix the API yet. My banner is still broken and so is Sense about 11 hours ago via web

creedo 08-25-2010 03:14 PM

I just got stuck at launching htc sense too, it seems to happen for a variety of reasons. I got it after trying to recover a backup made using SKtools.

I searched threads and saw one guy getting it when he ran a certain theme (fix was not run that theme anymore)... another when he ran a certain rom (but just one or two soft resets and sense finally loads)... another with some unhappy tab (Reader or something... the fix was to remove that tab and a windows .xml file associated with it)... another guy suggested deleting ManilaFull.xml from \windows, another said delete Application Data\HTC\databases from your storage card.

My personal fix, using sheer dumb noob instinct, was to reinstall cookie home tab. On the next reboot all was well.

So basically, yeah, you got a lot of stuff you can try. Most of them involve removing tabs or deleting something that sense is freaking out about.

imnuts 08-25-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeuw19 (Post 1923467)
Great... I'm going to try this. So what exactly did you delete from the \Temp\ folder? "Everything" or something specific for Twitter? I bet that's the problem...

I deleted the TwitEng folder, though it is a temp folder, so you should be able to delete everything with little side effects. You may need to re-update something or log in for something again, but that would be all I could see happening if you deleted everything.

redd214 08-25-2010 06:58 PM

the 21889 theory is false. ive been running that build on a custom rom ive made for months with no issues

AZTECHKA 08-25-2010 07:07 PM

I've been running 6.5 stock Sprint for months. Never a problem. Now twitter is giving me the same problem the OP described. I'll give it a few days to see if it resolves itself.
p.

lifeuw19 08-25-2010 09:15 PM

I deleted that folder and everything in the temp folder.... now all is working fine...

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnuts (Post 1923859)
I deleted the TwitEng folder, though it is a temp folder, so you should be able to delete everything with little side effects. You may need to re-update something or log in for something again, but that would be all I could see happening if you deleted everything.

lifeuw19 09-02-2010 11:15 AM

ANNNNNDDDD... it's not working again. Now it's saying, "Download error"... the account was forbidden to access the twitter service.