PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Safest/Fastest Overclock Speed TP2

I have a Sprint TP2 and just recently learned about the ability to overclock and I've been trying to read the threads about it but there is just so much information it would take forever to read. I just wanted to know what would be the highest level I can overclock my TP2 to without it freezing and causing issues and instability and such?

Also I've been using the oruam app SetCPUSpeed-1.0d.cab and I've been able to get it only to 748mhz without freezing, i've been reading about Nayer's 4.21 app and I'm not sure if there is a difference between the two if one is better than the other? Would it allow me to overclock more without freezing?

Last edited by killerkhatiby009; 08-24-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)
Carrier: Verizon

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work
Re: Safest/Fastest Overclock Speed TP2

While I can't offer a definitive answer, I have tried both the SetCPUSpeed 1.0d and OC Auto 4.21

I had the best results with Auto4.21

While I could get to 748 with 1.0d, it wasn't stable beyond that point and I would occasionally get an SOD. With Auto 4.21 I am running at 806 (see sig) with no SOD or resets needed unless some app breaks the OC (resets to 528Mhz, then I have to reset the speeds and reset). This doesn't cause any problems other than no longer being OC'd; no SOD, no "lock-up", no freeze, just not as fast any more. This doesn't happen often, and only when I use my GPS software (iGo8 ). Even then, not always...
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)
Old 08-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the help! ill try uninstalling SetCPUSpeed 1.0d and test OC Auto 4.21 and let you know what happens for me if i experience the same ability
Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It's going to be different for most people. Some people can't get past 710mhz without locking up. I guess it depends on the condition of your hardware, manufacture date, etc. I am able to run 806mhz all day as well. Wouldn't recommend just 'jumping' to 806 though, make small steps and see how your phone likes it before getting that high.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Yeah I tried 806 and anything in between and it didnt work, So far i'm stuck at 748 well see if I can push it any more tomorrow and such after running at 748 for a while

Last edited by killerkhatiby009; 08-24-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:42 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
I have a Sprint TP2 and just recently learned about the ability to overclock and I've been trying to read the threads about it but there is just so much information it would take forever to read. I just wanted to know what would be the highest level I can overclock my TP2 to without it freezing and causing issues and instability and such?

Also I've been using the oruam app SetCPUSpeed-1.0d.cab and I've been able to get it only to 748mhz without freezing, i've been reading about Nayer's 4.21 app and I'm not sure if there is a difference between the two if one is better than the other? Would it allow me to overclock more without freezing?
Okay seriously...Why would you want to OC at such high MHZ?? The default is 568 so just think, if they made it 568 and you try and OC 200 more MHZ above the default, then you are only pushing your phone to becoming nonoperational. Of course its going to freeze!!! Why not try 656 and be happy with a fully operational phone that doesnt freeze? From my experience, Ive noticed anything above 700 is going to cause the phone to freeze sooner or later. I guess if you want to have a phone that you constantly have to soft reset then keep searching for an OC that will allow you to go higher. Your only going to burn out the phone.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

The reason is obvious, better performance. 100mhz over the stock speed (which is 528Mhz not 568mhz) is not going to give you as much performance increase as 200mhz. I have been running at 748mhz without any sort of issues at all so why not? I'm just simply asking for people to report what speeds they have been successfully able to reach to while remaining stable in order to get the most out of this device.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i couldnt get past 748. was very unstable there so i ratcheted it down a bit and runs pretty good. and to young pro there are plenty of phones that are overclocked much higher than our tp2's. the original droid for example has a stock clock speed in the 500's as well and can be safely run to 1ghz even 1.1 in some cases
Old 08-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

from what ive read, it really depends on the quality of your cpu, which varies with each tp2. i am @ 787 with no issues and ive tried every OC app available for tp2. i currently use OCT 1.5 which has dynamic overclocking (adjusts OC speed depending on CPU load) so when my tp2 is idle, the cpu drops to 71Mhz.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My phone goes up to 806 but i dont like to push it and leave it at 787 using the mortscript method . As for freezing and needing softresetting well ive been running ht overclock for over 3 weeks now and so far not a single freeze that i can attribute to it being overclocked ( usually its a program that doesnt want to run nice with 6.5.5). That being said i regularly soft reset every 4-5 days just to refresh the system. But as said b4 overclocking is a very YMMV experience \.

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2