PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Safest/Fastest Overclock Speed TP2

Some useful information for everyone...

OC_Auto_x.xx - prevents against SOD caused by backlight off, phone calls, and lockscreen (default). it does this by throttling your cpu back to a lower speed when these events occur.
IMO, this seems to be the most stable for most people.
The drawback - it uses more CPU power than SetCpuSpeed (but keep in mind...we are achieving like 50% OC's and the script uses around 2% when set to 1000ms polling).
Netripper's app does the work, the script basically controls the application.

SetCpuSpeed - prevents SOD only caused by backlight off. also does this by throttling your cpu back to a lower speed when this event occurs.
The pros - uses less CPU power than scripts even with faster polling

OCT_v1.5 - dont know much about it at this point. doesnt show up in dotFreds task manager so dont even know how much CPU it uses. i have not ran this very much yet so cant comment too much on it.

I really can't say which version I like the best...I have been able to OC the same amount basically with all 3 so far.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
from what ive read, it really depends on the quality of your cpu, which varies with each tp2. i am @ 787 with no issues and ive tried every OC app available for tp2. i currently use OCT 1.5 which has dynamic overclocking (adjusts OC speed depending on CPU load) so when my tp2 is idle, the cpu drops to 71Mhz.
Yea I was able to achieve higher clock but only when it was dynamic overclocking as it didnt stay at that speed,
BUT overall performance-wise it did not give me any "better" results, than the Script (OC_ Auto_v4.21) or app (SetCpuSpeed1.0d) solutions.
It may be better on battery thou..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Some useful information for everyone...

OC_Auto_x.xx - prevents against SOD caused by backlight off, phone calls, and lockscreen (default). it does this by throttling your cpu back to a lower speed when these events occur.
IMO, this seems to be the most stable for most people.
The drawback - it uses more CPU power than SetCpuSpeed (but keep in mind...we are achieving like 50% OC's and the script uses around 2% when set to 1000ms polling).
Netripper's app does the work, the script basically controls the application.

SetCpuSpeed - prevents SOD only caused by backlight off. also does this by throttling your cpu back to a lower speed when this event occurs.
The pros - uses less CPU power than scripts even with faster polling

OCT_v1.5 - dont know much about it at this point. doesnt show up in dotFreds task manager so dont even know how much CPU it uses. i have not ran this very much yet so cant comment too much on it.

I really can't say which version I like the best...I have been able to OC the same amount basically with all 3 so far.
You explained this perfectly as now I realize why lower polling has more effect on the "SetCpuSpeed".
Your OC_ Auto_v4.21 cab was my favorite for stable constant speed, with safe options.

I cheated a high overclock with OCT, but it didnt give me an increase in speed.

I am currently back on "SetCpuSpeed" which is able to keep me stable at a bleeding edge, normally unstable speed... at low 18 polling.
This was previously not practical since I always froze at that speed(at 768 ).

So now with the new Sense versions out(no more homescreen freeze), and latest OS Builds I can now ride my new limit (for one "day" so far lol) which was 748 but now 768!
woohoo you can really feel the speed & at 768 it is ridiculous!

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-25-2010 at 10:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff

i have tried setcpuspeed and oct 1.5 and was able to get stable overclocking at 729 with both. i have ran each for 2 weeks with minimal problems or freezing that could be attributed to the oc.
i never had any SOD issues with either, but any higher instantly freezes my phone with both.
i have encountered a few freezes with both, every time with txt input. i have read that that has been an issue at the edge of being oced too high. it doesnt happen every time, i would say its close to 1 in 100 or so times while at 729. about the same at 710 so i bumped it up.

i would like to see some screenshots of peoples oc speeds posted...
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5
Old 08-26-2010, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)
Carrier: Verizon

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroewe View Post
...I would like to see some screenshots of peoples oc speeds posted...
Done!

The memory screen normally reads 83.xx, but ActiveSync and MyMobiler take up a bit to get the screen-shots...

Because of the memory leak, I've once again stopped using Sense (2.5). I vacillate though, so I may go back at some point.

Still looking for a flip clock for my today screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (79.6 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (98.3 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (48.7 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)

Last edited by Tybalt39; 08-26-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroewe View Post
i would like to see some screenshots of peoples oc speeds posted...

Windows overclock and Android overclock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (50.6 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg snap20100827_201814.jpg (59.4 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2