PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Safest/Fastest Overclock Speed TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132211)

nayr1482 08-25-2010 08:05 PM

Re: Safest/Fastest Overclock Speed TP2

Some useful information for everyone...

OC_Auto_x.xx - prevents against SOD caused by backlight off, phone calls, and lockscreen (default). it does this by throttling your cpu back to a lower speed when these events occur.
IMO, this seems to be the most stable for most people.
The drawback - it uses more CPU power than SetCpuSpeed (but keep in mind...we are achieving like 50% OC's and the script uses around 2% when set to 1000ms polling).
Netripper's app does the work, the script basically controls the application.

SetCpuSpeed - prevents SOD only caused by backlight off. also does this by throttling your cpu back to a lower speed when this event occurs.
The pros - uses less CPU power than scripts even with faster polling

OCT_v1.5 - dont know much about it at this point. doesnt show up in dotFreds task manager so dont even know how much CPU it uses. i have not ran this very much yet so cant comment too much on it.

I really can't say which version I like the best...I have been able to OC the same amount basically with all 3 so far.

Maxx134 08-25-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1922370)
from what ive read, it really depends on the quality of your cpu, which varies with each tp2. i am @ 787 with no issues and ive tried every OC app available for tp2. i currently use OCT 1.5 which has dynamic overclocking (adjusts OC speed depending on CPU load) so when my tp2 is idle, the cpu drops to 71Mhz.

Yea I was able to achieve higher clock but only when it was dynamic overclocking as it didnt stay at that speed,
BUT overall performance-wise it did not give me any "better" results, than the Script (OC_ Auto_v4.21) or app (SetCpuSpeed1.0d) solutions.
It may be better on battery thou..

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1923936)
Some useful information for everyone...

OC_Auto_x.xx - prevents against SOD caused by backlight off, phone calls, and lockscreen (default). it does this by throttling your cpu back to a lower speed when these events occur.
IMO, this seems to be the most stable for most people.
The drawback - it uses more CPU power than SetCpuSpeed (but keep in mind...we are achieving like 50% OC's and the script uses around 2% when set to 1000ms polling).
Netripper's app does the work, the script basically controls the application.

SetCpuSpeed - prevents SOD only caused by backlight off. also does this by throttling your cpu back to a lower speed when this event occurs.
The pros - uses less CPU power than scripts even with faster polling

OCT_v1.5 - dont know much about it at this point. doesnt show up in dotFreds task manager so dont even know how much CPU it uses. i have not ran this very much yet so cant comment too much on it.

I really can't say which version I like the best...I have been able to OC the same amount basically with all 3 so far.

You explained this perfectly as now I realize why lower polling has more effect on the "SetCpuSpeed".
Your OC_ Auto_v4.21 cab was my favorite for stable constant speed, with safe options.

I cheated a high overclock with OCT, but it didnt give me an increase in speed.

I am currently back on "SetCpuSpeed" which is able to keep me stable at a bleeding edge, normally unstable speed... at low 18 polling.
This was previously not practical since I always froze at that speed(at 768 ).

So now with the new Sense versions out(no more homescreen freeze), and latest OS Builds I can now ride my new limit (for one "day" so far lol) which was 748 but now 768!
woohoo you can really feel the speed & at 768 it is ridiculous!

kroewe 08-25-2010 10:41 PM

i have tried setcpuspeed and oct 1.5 and was able to get stable overclocking at 729 with both. i have ran each for 2 weeks with minimal problems or freezing that could be attributed to the oc.
i never had any SOD issues with either, but any higher instantly freezes my phone with both.
i have encountered a few freezes with both, every time with txt input. i have read that that has been an issue at the edge of being oced too high. it doesnt happen every time, i would say its close to 1 in 100 or so times while at 729. about the same at 710 so i bumped it up.

i would like to see some screenshots of peoples oc speeds posted...

Tybalt39 08-26-2010 12:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kroewe (Post 1924098)
...I would like to see some screenshots of peoples oc speeds posted...

Done!

The memory screen normally reads 83.xx, but ActiveSync and MyMobiler take up a bit to get the screen-shots...

Because of the memory leak, I've once again stopped using Sense (2.5). I vacillate though, so I may go back at some point.

Still looking for a flip clock for my today screen.

matchstickredgti 08-27-2010 09:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kroewe (Post 1924098)
i would like to see some screenshots of peoples oc speeds posted...

Windows overclock and Android overclock