PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch 2
Carrier: sprint

nothasoul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MP4 video files

I have a lot of psp movie files and would like to know it there a player for the tp2 can use to play them without converting? I have coreplayer but that doesn't read mp4 files. Is there a player i can use?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: MP4 video files

Both Coreplayer and Windows media are capable of playing Mp4 files. Does the file have .mp4 association at the end of the file name? If not just rename it to .mp4 and it should play fine.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Both Coreplayer and Windows media are capable of playing Mp4 files. Does the file have .mp4 association at the end of the file name? If not just rename it to .mp4 and it should play fine.
+1 and even HTC ALBUM plays .mp4 -actually quite clearly I might add
Old 08-24-2010, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

mp4 is a container format that can hold almost any combination of audio and video streams. these can be encoded with different codecs. so a .mp4 can have divx video mixed with mp3 audio, or h264 video and aac audio, or mpeg2 video and audio. mkv is similar.

basically your player might be able to handle one kind of mp4 but not another. dunno how psp mp4's are encoded but if core and wmp both fail to play it, you're screwed. better find a good fast conversion program.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nothasoul is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo View Post
mp4 is a container format that can hold almost any combination of audio and video streams. these can be encoded with different codecs. so a .mp4 can have divx video mixed with mp3 audio, or h264 video and aac audio, or mpeg2 video and audio. mkv is similar.

basically your player might be able to handle one kind of mp4 but not another. dunno how psp mp4's are encoded but if core and wmp both fail to play it, you're screwed. better find a good fast conversion program.

It will play the audio but not the video. h264 to be exact of the video file
Old 08-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nothasoul is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
I will try that
Old 01-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w

mtnbkr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothasoul View Post
It will play the audio but not the video. h264 to be exact of the video file
This is what I have going on. mp4 file, plays audio, not video. It will play in TCPMP but is choppy. I can't find HTC Album. If you are referring to the home tab w/ photos and videos, the video file doesn't show up for me.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

coreplayer should definitely play it.. ive had similar issues where htc album will only play audio from the mp4 but coreplayer plays the same mp4 just fine

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2