PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 08:37 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: asurion replacing TP2 with Imagio

so goto phoneclaim.com and see if they have TP2s offered.. asurion and your carrier have 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT stock piles... asurion keeps their stuff at their own warehouse, they operate independently of the carrier and often have phones when the carrier does not
Old 08-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
@boredandtatooed
Yes I have a clue. Are you always rude on a forum that people help each other? I had an idea the tp2 was the same for both cdma companies, I just didn't have time to verify it. Either way I'm not here to argue. Last time I checked I wasn't getting paid on this forum.
Anyway, for the person who needed advice, I would see if they would give you a droid with a keyboard since that matches more to the tp2 then the imagio. It doesn't hurt to try. Plus you'll get a more stable phone till windows phone 7 comes out.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

telsea is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just had my TP2 replaced with a TP2 last week via Asurion, was pleasantly surprised that it was really sent next day before 11am (filed my claim around 7:30pm the evening before), and wasn't refurb'd which I was expecting it to be.

and just a tad bit more info, Sprint transferred me to Asurion but the automated prompts suggests you use the phoneclaim.com website, which I was reluctant to do but did while waiting for someone to answer, and was actually done filling out the claim in 5 mins.

Last edited by telsea; 08-23-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

HellRayzer is a n00b

just did mine on the website and still trying to give me an imagio.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:19 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
@boredandtatooed
Yes I have a clue. Are you always rude on a forum that people help each other? I had an idea the tp2 was the same for both cdma companies, I just didn't have time to verify it.
well if you click my screen name> click view public profile> statistics> "find all posts thanked by BoredandTattooed" - youll find your answer... im the guy you hate to love.. Im a jerk AND i got great info most of the time..

and if you dont have time to verify the info, then you shouldnt present it like its a known fact.. you said: "VZW cripples their TP2 I think.." then state "well i had an idea they were the same.." in your next post... make up your mind man..

and didnt quote that part, but do you have any proof Android is more stable then WinMO??? theyre both Proven platforms!!! or are you just "thinking" out loud again... hehehehehe, dont take it personally man.. its all in good fun

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-23-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Almost a VIP

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
The words "I think" usually mean I think last time I checked. If everyone had facts themselves they wouldn't be on this forum. I know specs on a phone can be found in a lot off places but that's not the point. Anyway, I'm done playing the words game. I'll go back giving my advice just like everyone else here.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
The words "I think" usually mean I think last time I checked. If everyone had facts themselves they wouldn't be on this forum. I know specs on a phone can be found in a lot off places but that's not the point. Anyway, I'm done playing the words game. I'll go back giving my advice just like everyone else here.
Why would you post the info rather than taking an extra minute to go to some site like Phone Arena to confirm what you thought? Also, if you thought that the phones where the same, why would post the opposite? I see you have an Evo, have you ever had/used a TP2 even, considering you're giving advice on about it?

Also, I checked with Asurion and they're trying to give me an Imagio as well. I may contact VZW about my phone as it's been getting significantly slower with everything the past few weeks. Task 29 and a reflash didn't help, so I'm not sure what's going on. Even Android runs noticeably slower. Maybe I can get a nice new Android phone to replace my TP2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Almost a VIP

My last phone was a tp2. I had big rom custom rom on it. Having a custom rom on it was the only way I could use the phone. It was the best winmo phone I ever had. The evo or android os beats it though. I had to reset my tp2 about 3 to 4 times every hour. I have only reset my evo 2 or 3 times since the 2 months I've had it. But the tp2 is a solid phone and before android I had winmo for years and with custom roms its a decent os if you know what your doing.

Again, I made a mistake with the specs on a phone... Its the end of the world oh no! Give me a break. I was typing on my evo at work and didn't have time to look up info and got it confused with tp1, big deal. I'll
leave the posting to all you professionals here. Oh wait, most people on here are not pros and make mistakes too.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

BK111968 is just getting started

I just a replacement TP2 from Verizon about 2 weeks ago (went into a store where CS ordered it). You might want to try that route instead of ordering it online.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Almost a VIP

Verizon may give you the pre plus instead. If you like that phone. Verizon may be getting ready to discontinue it and they may just swap you into that. And if you want free hotspot then it works out perfectly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2