PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   disable windows lock on startup (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132092)

nursemm05 08-22-2010 12:26 PM

disable windows lock on startup

is there anyway to stop it from locking on startup? I connect with work exchange server and it requires a password. I have it set for an appropriate amount of time so that's not the issue. What I want to do is STOP it from locking and requiring a password on startup. Every time I reset my phone my phone locks while it's booting which requires me to unlock with the password. If I don't unlock in the right amount of time the phone won't cont to boot and I have to restart again. very frustrating!! any ideas?

boredandtattooed 08-22-2010 01:30 PM

Re: disable windows lock on startup

Im guessing you mean the stock "lock"?? ummm.. turn it off, or turn off password prompt anyways.. the password for your lock has nothing to do with you need a password for exchange...

If your worried about someone picking up your phone and getting into your exchange account.. uncheck the "save password" option in exchange and then just enter your password when needed for emails...

nursemm05 08-22-2010 01:34 PM

sorry I wasn't clear. Work requires a phone lock because I connect with the exchange server at work. I can't disable the stock windows lock because work requires it if I chose to have the exchange info on my phone. the actual password for exchange is not the issue, it's the stock lock screen that requires a password I want to disable at start up. I can't simply go and "uncheck" the box as it's grayed out due to the settings put on by work.

boredandtattooed 08-22-2010 01:44 PM

Ok, much clearer understanding...

I mean does your work walk around and pick up your guys' cell phones to make sure they have a lock on them?? lol but i see that your just following the rules, its fine..

have you tried throttle lock?? it was around a few years ago, and has since been re-introduced as an "android style' lock screen... this is the locker where you draw a pattern on the screen for it to unlock..

Im pretty sure the stock lock, "locks" on boot by default... we see alot of threads where people forgot passwords and their device is locking when they boot up and they cant get past that screen.. so Im thinkin, if you dont change the lock your using, then this will continue to happen for you

EDIT.. does \windows\startup have a "lock.lnk" in it?? I not thinking it does, but should it, delete it and your lock shouldnt start at boot.... like i said Im pretty sure it doesnt work like that though

nursemm05 08-22-2010 03:19 PM

I can't over ride the password protection. So, there's no point in using throttle lock as that will not replace the stock lock. the password requirement is built into the ability to access the exchange. no way around it. the only way for me to get rid of it is to delete the exchange account.

shaggylive 08-22-2010 03:34 PM

I've been using this app for quite a while and it has a function to essentially disable the exchange pin.
Auto Lock (csdevctrl)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451

I only use google exchange so I can't vouch for the function but I use and am very happy with the app.

nursemm05 08-23-2010 09:58 AM

thanks. I will give that a try.

nursemm05 08-23-2010 10:19 AM

from what I could gather this is another locking program. I did install it though and played around a bit, it still does not disable the windows lock on startup though.

ooxteme 08-23-2010 11:56 AM

how about S2U2? It dsiables the stock lock and can be set to lock after a givin amount of time

nursemm05 08-23-2010 11:59 AM

I was using s2u2 prior to syncing with work and it does not disable the standard lock. I had to unlock my phone with s2u2 then the window lock too.