PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Mobile Antivirus? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132045)

Villain123 08-21-2010 11:13 AM

Mobile Antivirus?

Should we be running some sort of antivirus on our TP2s and if so which one?

boredandtattooed 08-21-2010 11:19 AM

Re: Mobile Antivirus?

Ive been running winMO for 3 years, never had any anti-virus software, and never had a virus.... just stick to the main sites... dont download anything from anywhere sketchy... theres really ever only been a few reports about viruses in US cell phones.. the most recent ones were the "3d anti-terrorist video game"-was making international calls at night from the devices it was installed on.... and just last week or something there was an issue with "wallpapers" contain harmful things-but that was Android...

Were running a hackers platform here(winMO) but honestly, everyone seems to be really good... I havent seen, heard, or read about many viruses really in my 3 years.. id say Anti-Virus is just for the paranoid or over-cautious

intrlude 08-21-2010 11:30 AM

There's a piece of software called lookout, in the marketplace which if you want to have something, may be worth looking into.

Villain123 08-21-2010 11:35 AM

Thanks! I had not seen much about it and a guy I work with brought it up in conversation so I figured I would at least ask. I didn't think it was necessary and think I will pass on adding it to my programs. Again, thanks for the fast responses!

boredandtattooed 08-21-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villain123 (Post 1919382)
Thanks! . Again, thanks for the fast responses!

no prob, thats what were here for

joe.stay 08-21-2010 06:33 PM

What if you have a virus that's doing something without your knowledge and maybe only a few other people have that same virus?

mikejones13 08-21-2010 06:42 PM

Then I suggest you and your "friend" go to the clinic, lol J/K. Fo real, just hard reset your phone then install the programs you "think" are safe........

flyers2114 08-21-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejones13 (Post 1919647)
Then I suggest you and your "friend" go to the clinic, lol J/K. Fo real, just hard reset your phone then install the programs you "think" are safe........

hahahahahahahahahahaha.................lmfao...... but i agree I have had winmo for a looooooooooooooong time and no need for anti-virus...IMO

D/\SH 08-21-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrlude (Post 1919378)
There's a piece of software called lookout, in the marketplace which if you want to have something, may be worth looking into.

yup i used it on ym android and my wm devices for the mere fact that it has location and alarm features that can be used if lost or stolen :) i love tracing people and showing up at that houses with the cops :) did it once :)

DatBoiDame 08-21-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrlude (Post 1919378)

Its nice antivirus software but it doesnt play so nice with Cookie Home Tab, at least not for me