PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How do I insert emoticon in sms (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132033)

joe.stay 08-21-2010 02:33 AM

How do I insert emoticon in sms

How do I insert those emoticon into my text messages? When I was using my centro before, those icons were available to just click on to insert. How do I do this for the touch pro 2 running sprint stock wm 6.5 rom?

boredandtattooed 08-21-2010 11:05 AM

Re: How do I insert emoticon in sms

Arcsoft(windows mobile sms client) doesnt support emoticons.. sorry buddy

joe.stay 08-21-2010 06:36 PM

That sucks.

JimSmith94 08-21-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1919363)
Arcsoft(windows mobile sms client) doesnt support emoticons.. sorry buddy

I don't know how to use them either, but why does HKLM\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\Folder point to \My Documents\UAContents\Emoticon\ which has 31 emoticons?

boredandtattooed 08-21-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimSmith94 (Post 1919671)
I don't know how to use them either, but why does HKLM\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\Folder point to \My Documents\UAContents\Emoticon\ which has 31 emoticons?

Id say that means MMS can support it... however SMS is not MMS

JimSmith94 08-21-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1919693)
Id say that means MMS can support it... however SMS is not MMS

Okay, so does anyone know how to use the emoticons in MMS?

treotraveler 08-21-2010 09:14 PM

You do have 8 emoticons in the virtual keyboard, when in sms, tap the 12# button, then tap the 1/2 button for the 8 emoticons.

When in sms while using the slide out keyboard, press the FN button then press SYM , button and will have 6 emoticons to use.

All depends on whether the other persons device will recognize them. Android device will recognize about 4 of them.

gpshemi 08-21-2010 09:43 PM

what sucks is it doesn't even reconize them between two TP2's...

JimSmith94 08-22-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treotraveler (Post 1919741)
You do have 8 emoticons in the virtual keyboard, when in sms, tap the 12# button, then tap the 1/2 button for the 8 emoticons.

When in sms while using the slide out keyboard, press the FN button then press SYM , button and will have 6 emoticons to use.

All depends on whether the other persons device will recognize them. Android device will recognize about 4 of them.

Thanks and I thanked you for that. Following your instructions, I see text representations of emoticons with the virtual keyboard, but when I press FN and SYM on the slide out keyboard, it just puts a '_' (underscore) on the screen. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

The user manual says that you can add emoticons to MMS, but doesn't explain how to do it. In the Windows Live Messenger section, it shows a smiley icon that you can click on to select an emoticon to add, but I don't use Windows Live Messenger.

joe.stay 08-22-2010 02:54 PM

Well, I tried the slide out keyboard too and see the 6 emoticon but when I click on them, they show the colon and underscore on the actual sms text input screen instead of the actual emoticon. I don't think it's possible anymore.