PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Hhheeeelllppp! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132005)

bigant_410 08-20-2010 07:20 PM

Hhheeeelllppp!

My phone keeps trying to send a picture mail that doesnt have a recipient. It wont let me delete it from the outbox folder. everytime I try access the outbox folder the phone locks up. This is hella annoying b/c it keeps flashing in and out that it cant send the picture w/o a recipient.

Is there a way to delete the message from the outbox or is there a fix for this. I tried resetting the phone but everytime I receive a txt it goes back to the flashing.

I'm currently running Mighty Rom (June 2010 Release).

notanerd1411 08-20-2010 07:24 PM

Re: Hhheeeelllppp!

try uninstalling arcsoft... then clear out your old messages reboot and re install arcosft

bigant_410 08-20-2010 07:30 PM

is there a version of the software that doesnt have this error

bigant_410 08-20-2010 07:35 PM

that didnt work

notanerd1411 08-20-2010 09:46 PM

reflash your phone I guess, run task 29, then flash the latest mighty, I have never had that problem nor heard any one else have had it either. Sorry I have been on Mighty rom since I got my TP2. Maybe something else installed is causing this?

fishingmedic 08-20-2010 09:46 PM

which arcsoft cab are you using? Not sure if that's the issue, but it's not a ROM issue, no other complaints of that sort in Mighty's thread and the ROM is solid. Take a look in the paperclip before his thread or X's 2.5 thread and grab Flyers tweaked arcsoft. it's tweaked for Sprint and works flawlessly. Give that a shot and let us know if it works better. Remove current arcsoft cab, soft reset, load up flyers, soft reset and give it a shot.

boredandtattooed 08-21-2010 11:14 AM

if you can manage to get into "outbox" without it freezing(i think you said it was freezing here).. the highlight the message>menu>move>move to drafts.. then you should be able to delete it

also have you tried menu>tools>clear SMS/MMS??

bigant_410 08-25-2010 11:11 AM

Once I uninstall the arcsoft cab I no longer have the issue but there is stilla file in my outbox that I cant get rid of. And now I cant get my picture mail.

Any other ideas??

I will install the tweaked arcsoft but I doubt that it will get rid of the file in the outbox.

bigant_410 08-25-2010 11:16 AM

now I can get to the message in the outbox but it will not allow me to delete it and it keeps sending the message out to someone like several times a day.

appears to be a unique issue if no one else has had this problem.

dont really have time to reflash right now.

gspitman 08-25-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigant_410 (Post 1918915)
My phone keeps trying to send a picture mail that doesnt have a recipient. It wont let me delete it from the outbox folder. everytime I try access the outbox folder the phone locks up. This is hella annoying b/c it keeps flashing in and out that it cant send the picture w/o a recipient.

Is there a way to delete the message from the outbox or is there a fix for this. I tried resetting the phone but everytime I receive a txt it goes back to the flashing.

I'm currently running Mighty Rom (June 2010 Release).

Hmm... I'm thinking we need to call a priest to exercise the evil demons from your phone. And since you're running MM, and his ROM is from Canada, you'll need a Canadian priest. Eh?

Afterward, you'll need to drink a 6 pack of Molston, and sing Oh Canada in 4 different keys.

That should get rid of the phantom message.