PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G
Carrier: Sprint

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Date / Time Stamp on Camcorder App

I tried to search the forums but can not find exactly what I am looking for.

Is it possible to shoot video on the HTC Touch Pro or HTC Touch Pro and show a time/date stamp on the video as it is playing? I know it can be done with the Pics.

I am in need of this ability...The date time stamp of the file creation/ modification is not enough, it need to be displays on screen as the video plays.

If it is not possible, does anyone have a free app that will make this show on the video? (an app that runs on the PC would be fine.)

Alternatively, however this portion of the question may be in the wrong place, does anyone have any solutions to the same problem on an andoid based phone?

THANKS
Old 09-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Date / Time Stamp on Camcorder App

if you turn the time date stamp on in pictures I belive it will show up on the video too
Old 09-03-2010, 01:14 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

+1 for above... not sure about android since the camera doesnt work with Android on TP2 and thats my Android experience so far..

as far as for on your PC, i assume that means you have a web cam, there should be a million options available to time stamp webcams
Old 09-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G
Threadstarter

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

I don't mean to time stamp a web cam. I want to shoot video on the TP2, then when I play the video on the phone, it will show the time/date stamp while playing the video.

As far as an APP on the PC, what I was suggesting is possibly a program that will take the video file, and turn on the display of the info in a video that previously did not show it. I think the video files should have some sort of EXIF data inside them. I know many digital video cameras store this data inside the files, as you can turn the display on and off during playback on the actual camcorder.

Last edited by mikewest; 09-04-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added more

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2