PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   19G data this month already. should I be worried. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131973)

18wheeler 08-20-2010 10:24 AM

19G data this month already. should I be worried.

With SERO unlimited data I figured I could tether my TP2 to my home network through a DD-WRT router, since I am the only one using the internet at home.

I just checked this month data usage, it is already over 19.3GB with 19 days left in the billing cycle. I am truly shocked by the number. between my computer and iPad, I surf net, check email, etc. for 2-3 hours each day. occasionally watch a few youtube videos (10-30 minutes on average). Never download large movie files etc. the largest file I downloaded for last month was a TP2 rom. How come the number stacks up so fast?

Now I am worried Sprint might argue that I have used too much data, questioning if I am tethering, and send me a large bill.

Am I paranoid? How do I defend my self IF Sprint does something?

evilecho 08-20-2010 10:34 AM

Re: 19G data this month already. should I be worried.

You're ****ed, that's all there is to it

HBOOT 08-20-2010 10:48 AM

with that type of usage i say that numba is wrong:D

ooxteme 08-20-2010 11:06 AM

you have the unlimited data plan right? if they argue that number being to high ask them what there definition of unlimited data is!!!!

demonlordoftheround 08-20-2010 11:48 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Sprint will say 5GB or less is unlimited, however I have yet to hear of anybody charged extra for high data usage.

ooxteme 08-20-2010 11:52 AM

how do you put a value on unlimited??? freakin sprint sometimes i swear!!!

AZTECHKA 08-20-2010 12:01 PM

Unlimited is unlimited.
I constantly use mass ammounts of data and have yet to be charged anything more than my bill.
p.

boredandtattooed 08-20-2010 12:12 PM

yeah no worries, i use 30GBs a month... how you achieved you 19GBs in 15 days with little usage I dont know.. I get 30gb in a months but i donload files that are 1.5GBs all the time and my tethering connection is my Home internet connection thats always on if im home

yankees45us 08-20-2010 12:19 PM

Sprint has a 5gb cap on aircards only. But my thing is, you people that are tethering your phones and using that much data are basically screwing it up for everyone else. No wonder att changed their data plans and verizon is getting ready to do the same thing. Stop being so cheap and just get dsl or cable at home and leave the tethering for travel or at least stay under 10gb. Sprint doesn't have a cap on phone data but with people taking advantage it won't be long till they do the same thing as att.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

boredandtattooed 08-20-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankees45us (Post 1918440)
Sprint has a 5gb cap on aircards only. But my thing is, you people that are tethering your phones and using that much data are basically screwing it up for everyone else.

haha good try man, but not going to work...

how are we screwing it up?? its Still unlimited and still the same place its always been..

If anything, Blasting the instructions how to do it and openly discussing the fact we do it for free would be what screws it up..

But ive been tethering for 3 years now, and sprint has changed anything about it, so obviously Sprint doesnt think wer ruining anything for anyone