PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Opera mobile 10 desktop view (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131967)

PPCFreak 08-20-2010 07:46 AM

Opera mobile 10 desktop view

In 9.5 and 9.7 I had a UA setting that pointed to an HTC url.
I could change this or disable this and it would make the pages come up with the desktop version of the web.

On 10, I can't seem to find the same setting to disable and get be back to the desktop view again.

ANd I have made sure that in settings the mobile view is not checked.

Anyone know where this setting is (with in Opera:Config)?

THanks.

boredandtattooed 08-20-2010 12:27 PM

Re: Opera mobile 10 desktop view

we had a little Opera discussion the other day in a thread..

what seems to be the issue, just the mobile vs desktop thing?

some sites just goto the m.xxxxxx.com version no matter what in Opera 10.. Myspace take you to a page asking if you want mobile or desktop, Facebook goes to m.facebook, and i think youtube goes to m.youtube as well...

its nothing to do with the settings and mobile VS desktop.. it just does it...

those probably arent the sites your referring to but ERIC12341 pointed it out that Opera 10 was doing that still, even without mobile view checked.... so im sure theres quite a few sites that do that still..

is that the problem your having?

00tj00 08-20-2010 01:16 PM

I keep mini 5, mobile 9.7 (with flash) and 10 on my phone for just this reason.... and skyfire... and IE... even had iris for awhile... I figure keep an arsenal around and one of them has to be able to get me where I wanna go

eric12341 08-20-2010 05:16 PM

just use IE 90% of all sites take you to the desktop page with desktop mode selected (unless ur on a wm build lower than 21052) opera however is the reverse and they've even banned me from their forums for mentioning it.

creedo 08-20-2010 07:25 PM

there's a setting you can try. do opera:config in the address bar. go to user agent. paste in there something like Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0) and it will fool some sites. not all unfortunately. in other operas this had a numbered list but on mobile 10 gotta type it

creedo 08-20-2010 08:07 PM

my bad, that setting must be a number. can't do a custom string. lame. try 3.

eric12341 08-20-2010 08:46 PM

yea but just using IE avoids the trouble of finding and pasting a user-agent string edit that may or may not work IE on the other hand rarely redirects me when I have the desktop option selected I think I've only had it happen once or twice.

dragon840 09-06-2010 01:52 PM

so after tryin 10 and not like it, i found 9.7 opera. i still cant find anything to avoid sites from redirecting to mobile versions. i have not tried to edit the string of compatibility modes...cuz its seems retarded complicated to have to do it.

any other ways to avoid mobile versions? and does ie have flash compatibility??? needing a flash player was the entire reason to sqitch from ie to begin with.

Thanks
dragon840

puff601 09-06-2010 02:03 PM

i did a writeup on this a while ago and just answered this in another thread. opera 10 DOES allow you to change the user agent like in 9.5/9.7. you do it the exact same way, i just checked.

follow these steps to change it:

1) type opera:config in opera's address bar
2) scroll down to user prefs
3) scroll down to custom user agent
4) delete "(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0)"
or you can change it to desktop user agent, but ive found deleting it is alot easier with the same results
5) scroll down to save
6) restart opera
7) enjoy!

i hope that helps u guys

eric12341 09-06-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragon840 (Post 1936564)
so after tryin 10 and not like it, i found 9.7 opera. i still cant find anything to avoid sites from redirecting to mobile versions. i have not tried to edit the string of compatibility modes...cuz its seems retarded complicated to have to do it.

any other ways to avoid mobile versions? and does ie have flash compatibility??? needing a flash player was the entire reason to switch from ie to begin with.

Thanks
dragon840

I edited your typo. and yes it has flash, youtube,all the tech sites and even yahoo music works in IE so far,im still testing it. might not work for hulu tho.