PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 04:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint/Asureon wouldn't upgrade my Touch Pro -> Touch Pro 2

It's an OK screen, but its not CAPACTIVE, it's conductive. Ever notice how Iphone and android are butter? Where as this phone you have to drag your finger against the screen, it's less responsive. Anyways I sent a few angry emails to a sprint.com email address... Hopefully I'll get this worked out.

Also, used phone junk is out of the question. I like my tech fresh out the box with that new plastic smell..

http://cell-phones.shop.ebay.com/Cel...=p3286.c0.m283

Looks like its between $289-$350. Also I'm not paying this lump, I'm financing it throughout the next few bill cycles. I just knwo it's going to bankrupt me. I am cancelling tomorrow and going to keep trying to work a free or reduced upgrade. I told them I'd pay the deductable for it.. The lady thought i was crazy 'sir were not giving you that phone for 100 deductible price' oh but PPC geeks says you do it ALLLLLL the time.

Im not ready for an Android phone yet, for one 4g service isn't anywhere in CA except Modesto. For two, I don't want to pay $10 more on my bill. For three, I'd want the EPIC which is way expensive.

I would rather get this upgrade for FREE or a drastically reduced price, brand new, fresh in a box, with a leather case, head phones, a stylus, etc.. This phone also runs android just fine, even though it's a sluggish conductive touch screen.

Last edited by kinesis; 08-23-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:30 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you really have no clue what your talking about do you? lol

conductive?? its called resistive lol and hey, some people like the stylus-cant do that on droid or iPhone-well wait, didnt HTC and others finally make a capacitive after-market stylus?

and dude, if your about to pay sprint full price and then wait 3months for a rebate, your nuts..... ive been getting free TP2s since...well... Dec of Last Year.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102885

and this is why you goto a 3rd party retailer not a sprint store.. detailed instructions to get rid of the TP1 ASAP!

Old 08-23-2010, 04:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b

My bad what I mean is the newer iPhone/Android phones glide like butter when you swipe your finger across the screen. The Touch Pro/Touch Pro2 is like you have to rub your finger across, applying pressure - and it doesn't glide.. it's choppy.. I'm sure you know what I mean...

I sent several emails to a sprint rep that I talked to the other night that sent me an email communication. I brought up this thread and complained. I am going to cancel it tomorrow and tell sprint this is nonesense give me the god damn phone already.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
1) And why didnt you goto a 3rd party retailer?? theres specific memos that went out to them specifically with details saying all TP1s have to be switched out because its the most defective phone in Sprints history...
The same memo went out to ALL Sprint stores, 3rd party or not. The normal TEP rules are 3 exchanges for the same issue before they offer you a different phone.

This thread is turning into a smaller version of the monster that was created when the TP2 came out and everyone tried to scam their way into getting a TP2 for their TP....

Sad really..
Old 08-23-2010, 12:58 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
The same memo went out to ALL Sprint stores, 3rd party or not. The normal TEP rules are 3 exchanges for the same issue before they offer you a different phone.

This thread is turning into a smaller version of the monster that was created when the TP2 came out and everyone tried to scam their way into getting a TP2 for their TP....

Sad really..
Who cares!!!! the device he wants is a year old in like 2 weeks.. Who cares if he gets one for free at this point

People wanna complain about "how" people aquired their TP2, who cares.. the cost went DOWN.. its been 199 for awhile.. thats 150 cheaper than the original asking price(with upgrade discounts)...

When it came to the TP1-the price stayed the same until it was discontinued...

So obviously whatever people are doing to get TP2s this whole past year isnt to bad, or the price wouldnt of come down like it did.. whereas the TP1 never did..

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-23-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b

thats what i said dude.. they replaced my titan -> tp already... maybe that's why??
Old 08-23-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Who cares!!!! the device he wants is a year old in like 2 weeks.. Who cares if he gets one for free at this point
the dev is over a year old... feb 2009 it came out yea?
Old 08-23-2010, 01:05 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
the dev is over a year old... feb 2009 it came out yea?
Labor Day Weekend 09 - Spet 6th I believe was the offical Pre-sale Launch.. - most of us who ordered late that afternoon got stuck waiting till tuesday to get our devices in the mail because of the holiday weekend even

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-23-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b

they already upgrade me hella times plus in Tijuana someone ripped off a brand new TP from me and they replaced it again... lol.. So uhh.. I think this is fair actually... Except the damn rebate. I'm scared of that ...

anywyas i raised the rebate to the support.. hopefully they will at least work with me on that.. because that's a major hassle, plus an unknown wait if i get ripped off or not.. plus i have to send it certified mail... and even still it might 'get lost in the mail'

Last edited by kinesis; 08-23-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b

I paid 254, plus im getting a 100 dollar rebate.. plus i am returning the old junk phone for buy in credit..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2