PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which version of Opera do YOU use??
Opera 9.7 9 21.43%
Opera 10 12 28.57%
Opera Mini 5 12 28.57%
Im using an earlier build/version not listed 3 7.14%
I dont use Opera 4 9.52%
OPERA!?!? Why would I want to listen to a Fat Lady sing in Italian?? 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 08:29 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Which version of Opera do you use and why that version over the other Opera versions

i did find a discussion that was even somewhat current http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80833 ... How ever their talking about for 6.1 and devices like the Vogue and 64mb only devices...Obviously our TP2 are better suited, thus resulting in different answers and being able to use any build and any version..

So..

if you use Opera 10, why do you use that over 9.7(or ealier) or MINI?

if you use 9.7, why not 10 or MINI??

if you use MINI, why not 9.7, 10, or any earlier builds??

***If your using a version not listed, tell us what you are using and why... If your one of the ones who choose "I dont use Opera" - tell us what your using and why that over Opera or other alternatives***

Thanks for the input.. I figured WE could make this a pretty informative post since OPERA isnt going to change at all.. This info should be able to hold true for anyone running a TP2, even months from now

**BTW- Im running Opera 10 beta 3.. honestly, this is the version I opted to try from 9.7.. once Opera 10 went FULL, i just never saw a reason to switch since beta 3 worked great for me... I use opera over IE because i dont like IEs zoom function at all and i love the Start Page that Opera 10 brought with it***

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-19-2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention My version of Opera lol
Old 08-19-2010, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

slochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Which version of Opera do you use and why that version over the other Opera versi

I use Ninja Duck Opera 10 (BASE-FL-RO-XXX) 1.3 because, uh, well, I like it.

Edit: I like the interface and I prefer a zoom in-out browser. I also like this one because flash lite and screen rotation are included in it as are all the additional file extension associations.

Last edited by slochild; 08-20-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: cuz boredandtattooed asked nicely :)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG OPtimus M
Carrier: METROPCS

dianakcv is becoming a great contributor
Re: Which version of Opera do you use and why that version over the other Opera versi

I use 9.7 because I'm on metropcs. and for some reason Opera 10 doesn't work with it. there's a fix but it doesn't work on me. and mini i don't like.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:54 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slochild View Post
I use Ninja Duck Opera 10 (BASE-FL-RO-XXX) 1.3 because, uh, well, I like it.
would you edit your post above and state, why you like it?? why did you like that version so much over 9.7 or just standard 10?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I already had a thread somewhat about this ill bump it after my post. I use IE because I find that all the social networking sites and youtube work better in it and that I can easily switch between mobile view and desktop view this is an option that hasn't been in opera since 2007 (version 8.65).

here's my thread opera (especially mini) doesn't really play nice with ezInput. and mini doesn't play nice with login forms.

Last edited by eric12341; 08-19-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6700, xv6800, xv6850, xv6875, xv6900, xv6975,
Carrier: vzw

hemanolio is just getting started

I use opera mini 5. It BARELY uses any data at all. It has the option to veiw everything in a mobile web veiw and also to shut off all images super easily! I never have any data overage charges
Old 08-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanolio View Post
I use opera mini 5. It BARELY uses any data at all. It has the option to veiw everything in a mobile web veiw and also to shut off all images super easily! I never have any data overage charges
yea that would be a concern since you're on big red, but not on sprint.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:56 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
and that I can easily switch between mobile view and desktop view this is an option that hasn't been in opera since 2007 (version 8.65).
Did you mean something different?? 9.7 and 10 have mobile view..
Opera 9.7

Opera 10
Old 08-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touchpro 2
Carrier: sprint

CaptainDean is a n00b

Mini 5 is Java free
Old 08-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Did you mean something different?? 9.7 and 10 have mobile view..
Opera 9.7

Opera 10
it doesn't seem the same because it almost never works. in IE (and opera 8.x) there's an option to identify as either desktop computer or mobile device and with it set to desktop computer I can goto any site (except for hotmail) without a mobile redirect. wish I could say the same thing about the mobile view unchecked in opera where I've either gotten redirected completely or taken to a junction page. here's an example try to visit this page in opera with mobile view unchecked and in IE with desktop computer selected and see what happens.that's just one example of many,why should I have to dig around for a user-agent string edit just to be able to stop those redirects.

AND one more thing....

why the HELL does opera 10 (and 9.7 in WM6.5.x) feel the need that it has to take over the entire screen even with full screen off? its a PITA having to hit the end key just to minimize the browser jus to see/answer a text when they coulda put a minimize option right next to the exit option. and don't even get me started about the RAM usage in opera 10.

Last edited by eric12341; 08-19-2010 at 11:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
mini, opera, tp2, version