PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which version of Opera do YOU use??
Opera 9.7 9 21.43%
Opera 10 12 28.57%
Opera Mini 5 12 28.57%
Im using an earlier build/version not listed 3 7.14%
I dont use Opera 4 9.52%
OPERA!?!? Why would I want to listen to a Fat Lady sing in Italian?? 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which version of Opera do you use and why that version over the other Opera versi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintmr View Post
Using opera9.5 standard on our TP2, I typed http://www.holamun2.com/ into the address field and that is exactly what the browser loaded, not a mobile redirect. I checked the userAgent field in opera:config and its value is 1.

I also dont find it inconvenient to simply minimize opera by pressing the end-call hardware button to get to my home screen, do whatever i have to do there, and get back to opera with task manager in upper right corner of home screen.

I found the following info online if it might help anyone...

Here is a list of userAgent spoofs in opera. Go to Spoof UserAgent ID in opera:config and select:

1: Identify as Opera
2: Identify as Firefox
3: Identify as Internet Explorer
4: Mask as Firefox
5: Mask as Internet Explorer
With option 4 and 5 (mask as), Opera is not mentioned at all in user-agent string, which ideal for users who want to completely hide Opera identify.
in opera 9.7 and 10 it mobile redirected. and one shouldn't have to go through that trouble just to be able to access only desktop sites. it should be in the options menu like it is in IE,iris and in opera 8.x before they stupidly removed it and replaced it with an option that doesn't work. I also find that quite a few forms don't work in any version of opera but work great in IE yet opera scores higher on the acid test,its performance on sites certainly doesn't reflect its score same with IE (performs better than its score)
Old 08-21-2010, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which version of Opera do you use and why that version over the other Opera versi

Opera 9.5 build 16983.

Has Flash Lite, zoom, & auto screen rotation.

If it ain't broke...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
mini, opera, tp2, version