PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which version of Opera do YOU use??
Opera 9.7 9 21.43%
Opera 10 12 28.57%
Opera Mini 5 12 28.57%
Im using an earlier build/version not listed 3 7.14%
I dont use Opera 4 9.52%
OPERA!?!? Why would I want to listen to a Fat Lady sing in Italian?? 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 12:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kcrlshell is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which version of Opera do you use and why that version over the other Opera versi

I'm using Opera 9.7 because it seems to work the best with the double tap resizing/reflowing and/or the magnify slider. I have tried Opera 10, Skyfire, and PIE (or whatever IE is loaded on the phone) and none of them handle the resizing as well. Opera 10 would not reflow right at all and I did not have fine control of the sizing - very abritrary. I was quite dissappointed as it looked like I would have quite liked it.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:23 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Which version of Opera do you use and why that version over the other Opera versi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
it doesn't seem the same because it almost never works. in IE (and opera 8.x) there's an option to identify as either desktop computer or mobile device and with it set to desktop computer I can goto any site (except for hotmail) without a mobile redirect. wish I could say the same thing about the mobile view unchecked in opera where I've either gotten redirected completely or taken to a junction page. here's an example try to visit this page in opera with mobile view unchecked and in IE with desktop computer selected and see what happens.that's just one example of many,why should I have to dig around for a user-agent string edit just to be able to stop those redirects.

AND one more thing....

why the HELL does opera 10 (and 9.7 in WM6.5.x) feel the need that it has to take over the entire screen even with full screen off? its a PITA having to hit the end key just to minimize the browser jus to see/answer a text when they coulda put a minimize option right next to the exit option. and don't even get me started about the RAM usage in opera 10.
that was appreciated right there man, lots of examples and info..

and i couldnt agree more, those are my only issues about Opera 10, that fact they took minimize away and that the top bar really is at the top so i cant see my clock in the taskbar or tap on a message icon should one come in... However, if just the hit the "back" hard key, it goes right back to sense without closing Opera down and check my messages that way... But Im still with YOU, it shouldnt be that way to begin with..
Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I got banned from the myOpera forums for making that same post.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:09 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

opera 9.7. the zoom slider is a must.

I could never get opera 10 to just "work right". endless amounts of frustration. why do I have to go into the options menu to zoom when I have a zoom bar right there? wtf?!!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:37 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwing View Post
opera 9.7. the zoom slider is a must.

I could never get opera 10 to just "work right". endless amounts of frustration. why do I have to go into the options menu to zoom when I have a zoom bar right there? wtf?!!
I agree the zoom bar should work... but the "zoom" in the settings is for you to set the "default" zoom setting for double tab.. i have mine set to 200%, then when i dbl tap the screen, its zooms in dbl.. you can set it higher and lower... but its not meant to be an option to "zoom on demand" as your using it...

again, keep it up guys!! your ALL leaving good info and reasons for your choices
Old 08-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

mattehww is a n00b

mini5 because its simply the fastest at loading pages.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

I like that mobile ten handles some flash. the start page and responsiveness is good too. at first I missed the zoom bar but now I like how zoom works. I do have to switch to another browser for some flash. also I hate that the browser doesn't fool most sites into showing the full version. desktop view and flash are my priorities so that's why no mini.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Opera 10. It feels more solid than 9.7. I always click the wrong link because 9.7 pops into fullscreen mode just as I'm clicking. Also the visual tabs and speed dial I find very useful. Plus the icon is really nice, haha.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:26 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I use 9.5 cause well it just works fine for me.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
it doesn't seem the same because it almost never works. in IE (and opera 8.x) there's an option to identify as either desktop computer or mobile device and with it set to desktop computer I can goto any site (except for hotmail) without a mobile redirect. wish I could say the same thing about the mobile view unchecked in opera where I've either gotten redirected completely or taken to a junction page. here's an example try to visit this page in opera with mobile view unchecked and in IE with desktop computer selected and see what happens.that's just one example of many,why should I have to dig around for a user-agent string edit just to be able to stop those redirects.

AND one more thing....

why the HELL does opera 10 (and 9.7 in WM6.5.x) feel the need that it has to take over the entire screen even with full screen off? its a PITA having to hit the end key just to minimize the browser jus to see/answer a text when they coulda put a minimize option right next to the exit option. and don't even get me started about the RAM usage in opera 10.
Using opera9.5 standard on our TP2, I typed http://www.holamun2.com/ into the address field and that is exactly what the browser loaded, not a mobile redirect. I checked the userAgent field in opera:config and its value is 1.

I also dont find it inconvenient to simply minimize opera by pressing the end-call hardware button to get to my home screen, do whatever i have to do there, and get back to opera with task manager in upper right corner of home screen.

I found the following info online if it might help anyone...

Here is a list of userAgent spoofs in opera. Go to Spoof UserAgent ID in opera:config and select:

1: Identify as Opera
2: Identify as Firefox
3: Identify as Internet Explorer
4: Mask as Firefox
5: Mask as Internet Explorer
With option 4 and 5 (mask as), Opera is not mentioned at all in user-agent string, which ideal for users who want to completely hide Opera identify.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
mini, opera, tp2, version