PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lock during call?

Does anyone know how I can set my TP2 so that it DOES NOT lock during a call?? I'll be on a call and the sensor TURNS THE SCREEN OFF when its by my ear.. BUT when I get off the call, the screen is locked and I have to slide to unlock.. any ideas? I want it to lock normally but NOT when on a call...
Old 08-19-2010, 11:35 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: lock during call?

are you using S2U2??? if so ,the issue is probably that you have it set to lock when the phone goes in to standby/tap powers button.. therefore, when the screen goes out during the call, it locks..

if your not using S2U2, then i dunno lol
Old 08-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

NO.. I am using WM 6.5 which has built in lock and I am using mightrom with COOKIES home and lock screen mod...
Old 08-19-2010, 12:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kcrlshell is a n00b

Are you using the WM 6.5 Lock screen or the one that is built into Cookies Home Tab?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

cookies lock screen
Old 08-19-2010, 12:57 PM
N00b

kcrlshell is a n00b

Here's how I deal with it then. Go to Cookies Editor, go to Lockscreen settings. Turn OFF Lock on Standby. Set a Switch to manually lock the phone when you want it locked. There are two methods. Turn on Show Lock Button in task bar (on same screen) OR Add the Lock Device Quick Link available in the Misc. category of the "add Quicklinks" routine in Cookies. The downside, obviously, is that you have to manually lock the phone each time you set it down...it won't do it on it's own...ever.

You could also use another dialer program (I have PhonEx 2.2) that does not automatically shut down the screen when you put it to your ear.

Last edited by kcrlshell; 08-19-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Another suggestion
Old 08-19-2010, 01:37 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrlshell View Post
You could also use another dialer program (I have PhonEx 2.2) that does not automatically shut down the screen when you put it to your ear.
question... do you make/recieve alot of calls in a day?? hows that impact your battery-the screen not turning off and still backlighting the screen
Old 08-19-2010, 02:00 PM
N00b

kcrlshell is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
question... do you make/recieve alot of calls in a day?? hows that impact your battery-the screen not turning off and still backlighting the screen
I can use the power button to turn off the backlight manually with PhoneEx...or in the PhoneEx settings you can allow the backlight to turn off per the normal settings while the call is in progress (PhonEx just can't employ the proximity sensor.) So I do have ways to manage power drain on longer calls, but on short ones, it's nice to have the disconnect button available without having to wake up the phone.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrlshell View Post
I can use the power button to turn off the backlight manually with PhoneEx...or in the PhoneEx settings you can allow the backlight to turn off per the normal settings while the call is in progress (PhonEx just can't employ the proximity sensor.) So I do have ways to manage power drain on longer calls, but on short ones, it's nice to have the disconnect button available without having to wake up the phone.
gotcha, just wondered was all

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2