PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

zoaguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fastest ROMs out there!

I have a Verizon TP2 running the latest Mighty ROM, and although it is faster then stock I was wondering if there is anything faster. I have heard people say that WM 6.1 with Sense 2.1 is a lot faster.

If this is the case does anyone know where I can get an older Mighty ROM using WM 6.1? Or, any other fast and stable ROM for that matter. I don't need goobs of apps, just fast performance.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Fastest ROMs out there!

facepalm
Old 08-18-2010, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

energy rom is awesom and beautiful
Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

Vaudou is a n00b

I've had some pretty good experiences with MR.X ROM. It's fast and looks better than stock.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

Why not overclock and see if that gives you what you are looking for (speed plus a ROM you like).
Old 08-18-2010, 04:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: idk
Carrier: earth

iphoney4u is just getting started

Xda did a miracle again with unlocking the dreaded msm7xxx cpu clock frequency. Give it up to the devs over there. I have tried almost all the roms here and found out MaxSence is junk and slow. And mightyrom is very well done and fast. I recently switched to M.X rom and noticed it rivals and surpasses mightyroms rom by a slight margin. So i have been running it for the last week and love it. I also overclocked my tp2 to 768mhz. And its the most noticable tweak out there.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I would say the rom I'm running but ur on verizon so it might not work. on a side note I don't get how anyone could be on verizon, ur paying $30-40 more for the same services u get on sprint.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Energy Rom. (See Sig) <--- Still running same version. I'm too scared to change and have to revert back. A lot of work ya know.

Need to try this Overclocking deal everyone is talking about though.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I would say the rom I'm running but ur on verizon so it might not work. on a side note I don't get how anyone could be on verizon, ur paying $30-40 more for the same services u get on sprint.
sprint doesn't have the coverage that verizon does. thats a main reason. i dont know one person with sprint here in panama city, fl. They dont even have a store here cause their coverage is no good.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoney4u View Post
Xda did a miracle again with unlocking the dreaded msm7xxx cpu clock frequency. Give it up to the devs over there. I have tried almost all the roms here and found out MaxSence is junk and slow. And mightyrom is very well done and fast. I recently switched to M.X rom and noticed it rivals and surpasses mightyroms rom by a slight margin. So i have been running it for the last week and love it. I also overclocked my tp2 to 768mhz. And its the most noticable tweak out there.
I thought that too about maxsense, but I didn't give up on it, now that I have my settings figured out I don't need to overclock anymore.

Deleted analog and digital clocks.

Set Activesync not to autostart (disable notification repllog start when time change)

Did the start menu removal.

Now I boot at 56% free (105MB I believe), which is near where I was with 6.1/2.1 and all the cabs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2