PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Fastest ROMs out there! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131845)

zoaguy 08-18-2010 12:48 PM

Fastest ROMs out there!

I have a Verizon TP2 running the latest Mighty ROM, and although it is faster then stock I was wondering if there is anything faster. I have heard people say that WM 6.1 with Sense 2.1 is a lot faster.

If this is the case does anyone know where I can get an older Mighty ROM using WM 6.1? Or, any other fast and stable ROM for that matter. I don't need goobs of apps, just fast performance.

matchstickredgti 08-18-2010 01:38 PM

Re: Fastest ROMs out there!

facepalm

jonlee83 08-18-2010 02:11 PM

energy rom is awesom and beautiful

Vaudou 08-18-2010 02:37 PM

I've had some pretty good experiences with MR.X ROM. It's fast and looks better than stock.

RONMAC 08-18-2010 03:22 PM

Why not overclock and see if that gives you what you are looking for (speed plus a ROM you like).

iphoney4u 08-18-2010 04:03 PM

Xda did a miracle again with unlocking the dreaded msm7xxx cpu clock frequency. Give it up to the devs over there. I have tried almost all the roms here and found out MaxSence is junk and slow. And mightyrom is very well done and fast. I recently switched to M.X rom and noticed it rivals and surpasses mightyroms rom by a slight margin. So i have been running it for the last week and love it. I also overclocked my tp2 to 768mhz. And its the most noticable tweak out there.

eric12341 08-18-2010 04:55 PM

I would say the rom I'm running but ur on verizon so it might not work. on a side note I don't get how anyone could be on verizon, ur paying $30-40 more for the same services u get on sprint.

dtrush 08-18-2010 05:29 PM

:wave:Energy Rom. (See Sig) <--- Still running same version. I'm too scared to change and have to revert back. A lot of work ya know.

Need to try this Overclocking deal everyone is talking about though.

razorloves 08-18-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1916379)
I would say the rom I'm running but ur on verizon so it might not work. on a side note I don't get how anyone could be on verizon, ur paying $30-40 more for the same services u get on sprint.

sprint doesn't have the coverage that verizon does. thats a main reason. i dont know one person with sprint here in panama city, fl. They dont even have a store here cause their coverage is no good.

bobturismo 08-18-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iphoney4u (Post 1916308)
Xda did a miracle again with unlocking the dreaded msm7xxx cpu clock frequency. Give it up to the devs over there. I have tried almost all the roms here and found out MaxSence is junk and slow. And mightyrom is very well done and fast. I recently switched to M.X rom and noticed it rivals and surpasses mightyroms rom by a slight margin. So i have been running it for the last week and love it. I also overclocked my tp2 to 768mhz. And its the most noticable tweak out there.

I thought that too about maxsense, but I didn't give up on it, now that I have my settings figured out I don't need to overclock anymore.

Deleted analog and digital clocks.

Set Activesync not to autostart (disable notification repllog start when time change)

Did the start menu removal.

Now I boot at 56% free (105MB I believe), which is near where I was with 6.1/2.1 and all the cabs.