PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fastest ROMs out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
hold on wait.. ive seen you bragging about this rom for awhile now.. bashing 6.5 roms for all kinds of things.. namely a Memory Leak.. but your ROM boots at 108 and steadys at 55mbs roughly after usage.. ummm wherd your 53mbs of memory go man???

and if 50 hours is all you can boast without a soft reset, thats nothing to brag about either.. dude, ive gone weeks without my devices freezing up on me... I have 3 Touch Pro 1s that I dont think ive had to soft rest in Months and all they do is tether Non-Stop and play DVDs on Coreplayer..

My TouchPro2 - gets soft reset on the rare occassion I install something new.. thats about it.. like i said ive gone weeks without freezing.. on Mighty, NRG.. right now im on day 4 of medium hill and i havent had to soft reset since after Sashimi and my automated stuff ran completed.. Actually im quite impressed with this medium hill ROM-not bad for a chef i just decided to try randomly out of boredom..
I meant the 50s as in % used which is between 85 and 90mb this is the amount max that I got on any 6.5 rom, then it would hover in the 70s or 80% range for no reason after use (dell axim x51v amount of RAM) which is unacceptable,shortly after that i would get a freeze and need a soft reset. ive had to soft reset maybe 2-3 times a day on 6.5 roms, now its about 2-3 times a week at max. since ur tethering all the time u arent really using the device which doesnt really count so of course there isnt a chance for it to freeze because its basically idle. only time i leave my device idle is when im watching my spanish telenovelas,sleeping,on the pc ,at school or at work. so try again.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:07 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
since ur tethering all the time u arent really using the device which doesnt really count so of course there isnt a chance for it to freeze because its basically idle.
i tether 30gbs a month.. thats a GigaByte/Day... thats just my usage, my bandwith usage would be about serveal times that.. Id say my phone is MORE prone to lockups, if it was gonna happen, than just randomly running apps all day..
Old 08-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i tether 30gbs a month.. thats a GigaByte/Day... thats just my usage, my bandwith usage would be about serveal times that.. Id say my phone is MORE prone to lockups, if it was gonna happen, than just randomly running apps all day..
there's no ram being used during tethering and I suspect that the internet in MI must be slow.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

southernSTYLE is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Mr. X Rom, I think it's faster than Mighty and it has basically the same apps cooked in with neater start menu organization.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2