PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fastest ROMs out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
sprint doesn't have the coverage that verizon does. thats a main reason. i dont know one person with sprint here in panama city, fl. They dont even have a store here cause their coverage is no good.
on my way to atl back in april (had tp1 with weaker antenna) i only dropped to 1x for 50 miles at the most and roaming for 20 miles at the most and those 20 miles were a blast zone where cellphones aren't allowed anyway. so I'd say that's great coverage and the coverage map is about the same as vzw.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: idk
Carrier: earth

iphoney4u is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
Energy Rom. (See Sig) <--- Still running same version. I'm too scared to change and have to revert back. A lot of work ya know.

Need to try this Overclocking deal everyone is talking about though.

omg! best tweak eva! All the tweaks on the world help the tp2. But overclocking it makes the most impact and most noticable changes ij performance.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Foots is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
on my way to atl back in april (had tp1 with weaker antenna) i only dropped to 1x for 50 miles at the most and roaming for 20 miles at the most and those 20 miles were a blast zone where cellphones aren't allowed anyway. so I'd say that's great coverage and the coverage map is about the same as vzw.
LMAO! Ok.

Sure you had good signal with Sprint, because you were probably on a major highway or interstate, and near metropolitan areas. That's where Sprint covers. I live in a rural area, and the only coverage I have is Verizon, through the Alltel merger. Your coverage map comparison is way off.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foots View Post
LMAO! Ok.

Sure you had good signal with Sprint, because you were probably on a major highway or interstate, and near metropolitan areas. That's where Sprint covers. I live in a rural area, and the only coverage I have is Verizon, through the Alltel merger. Your coverage map comparison is way off.
lol... Umm from Chicago to Atlanta, think again. Drove from Chicago to Tallahassee, I dont remember losing service at all.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: idk
Carrier: earth

iphoney4u is just getting started

I cant complaint on Sprints signal. I had verizon and never dropped calls. Then switched to Sprint and exactly the same results. No signal loss and exact coverage but alot less expensive. And a plus on 4g signal.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

stevenlinks is a n00b

well i must say i have sprint also and in the rural area where i live the service is crap, i loose service all the time and and im on roaming more the 70 percent of the time... its a good thing that roaming is free.... im thinking about switching soon, the only reason i havent done it yet is because of the price difference.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
sprint doesn't have the coverage that verizon does. thats a main reason. i dont know one person with sprint here in panama city, fl. They dont even have a store here cause their coverage is no good.
You do realize that Sprint roams on Verizon right? I can tell you this, when we come to Panama City for vacation (I live in TN) I have great coverage on my Sprint phone (albeit roaming).
If you get a Sprint plan that has unlimited roaming, you will be in good shape. My SERO has unlimited roaming, and I never have signal problems when we are in Panama City or PCB.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foots View Post
LMAO! Ok.

Dont want to burst your bubble, but you can see the coverage maps yourself on www.verizonwireless.com and www.sprint.com
But, here I done the work for you and snipped the graphics:
If you look at the gray area for Sprint you will notice its almost exactly like Verizons coverage....hence the roaming

So really, Sprint customers that have roaming packages get Great Sprint speeds when on the home network, and also have the benefit of roaming on a fairly large voice/data network that Verizon has....all while avoiding the super sized rape-tool that verizon lays upon its customers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
You do realize that Sprint roams on Verizon right? I can tell you this, when we come to Panama City for vacation (I live in TN) I have great coverage on my Sprint phone (albeit roaming).
If you get a Sprint plan that has unlimited roaming, you will be in good shape.
I also use sprint service and agree with u that sprints roaming map is nearly identical to verizons coverage.

However, it has been said in other threads about people being booted from sprint for roaming too much, which apparently is written into the contract.

Back on topic, I use the the stock Sprint 6.1(build 21052) with touchflo 2.1. I use Goodthings2life tweaks cab and about a dozen or so Reg edits. My rom runs really smooth with great speed. I boot up at 38% ram usage. I use the device for days (use is moderate/heavy at times) without a soft reset and only ever see the ram go into the 60's.

Tweaked Stock rom is stable/fast/no hassle
Old 08-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

zoaguy is a n00b

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I decided to try the overclocking tip and it definitely seems to help. I am using the OC_Auto3.mscr script. Can anyone explain the three speed settings on the script?
Start_Speed = Clock speed during bootup???
Boost_Speed = Clock speed during normal use???
Safe_Speed = Clock speed during stand-by???

Is this right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2