PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 wont resume from Standby WM6.5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131825)

gohalo3 08-18-2010 09:01 AM

TP2 wont resume from Standby WM6.5

Hello guys...

I recently updated my TP2 with WM6.5...

After installation, I realized that my phone wont resume or get off standby regardless how many button press i do, slide keypad, plug the phone on AC, update PRL, etc..... The only way to revive the phone is to remove the battery...

It is really bugging me because if someone calls or texts when my phone is in this failure mode, I dont receive the texts or see phone call notification..

Any helps or insight will be great .. Thanks!

Phone software info:
OS ver - 5.2.21889
ROM ver - 2.04.651.4

mhunt3 08-18-2010 10:00 AM

Re: TP2 wont resume from Standby WM6.5

There have been several posts on this issue and I have experienced it myself. In my case, the phone was trying to bring in all of the emails from my Yahoo account (over 4000). It didn't matter that I had it set to bring in only 3 days of emails. Other possible causes are a large number of texts on your phone. Try clearing out your inbox and your text messages and see if that fixes the problem

supasanch24 08-18-2010 10:41 AM

It's called the Screen of Death. Unlock your phone and flash a custom rom. Besides, custom roms run better than stock.

gohalo3 08-18-2010 11:33 AM

I did clean my texts and emails and no luck...

I did read about "screen of dead" and based on other people's post it doesn't matter if you have a custom ROM, it still does it...
Do you have WM6.5? what is your custom ROM? I assume you are not experiencing this.

ultra74 08-18-2010 12:25 PM

I have had this too with OR without a custom rom (might mike), with OR without mods (running stock again right now)

I have narrowed it down to a combination of active sync and emails or text messaging. Seems like the HTC ui barfs when loading your emails then cannot start up.

I don't text alot, so I think it is emails. I cannot find any HTC cache files to delete that will fix this.

The only "fix" I have is a good and configured "Sprite Backup" that I keep on the memory card (executable exe file). Hard reset (Talk+End+power keys) then reinstall (5-10min tops). The server will sync my contacts and calendar, then rinse and repeat after about a month.

Really sucks because I like the new UI and some features, but phone is really useless when this happens.

Any insight from someone else would be appreciated.

Ray

ecrob 08-18-2010 01:39 PM

I've experienced this many times... What works for me 99.9999% of the time is sliding out the keyboard and back in... holding the power button and then tapping it... I know it sounds retarded but the phone comes back on in about 15-20 seconds. ...It is still a pain in the butt but it is better than taking out the battery and stuff. I think I read a while ago it had to do with the radio or something...???

PPCFreak 08-18-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supasanch24 (Post 1915921)
It's called the Screen of Death. Unlock your phone and flash a custom rom. Besides, custom roms run better than stock.

Correction: SOD = Sleep of Death as it is more comminly referred as.

PPCFreak 08-18-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecrob (Post 1916152)
I've experienced this many times... What works for me 99.9999% of the time is sliding out the keyboard and back in... holding the power button and then tapping it... I know it sounds retarded but the phone comes back on in about 15-20 seconds. ...It is still a pain in the butt but it is better than taking out the battery and stuff. I think I read a while ago it had to do with the radio or something...???

Sliding Keybaord has worked for me as well (stock verizon wm 6.5 and BigMaxSense wm6.5.x rom).

Only thing is, if you disable the awake on sliding keyboard, then it doesn't do this.

I have had the SOD (Sleep of Death) when getting large activesync emails from work.
If I wait 15 - 20 seconds, it usually comes back.

Since going to Bigandad MaxSense wm6.5.x ROM, I have had only 1 SOD (which was of my doing when playing around with Overclocking and got it up over 800 and then exited the program......standby = locked at 800).

eric12341 08-18-2010 05:05 PM

here's a solution flash a 6.1 rom then the SODs are gone. I haven't seen a single SOD since.