PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stealth Tethering for Wifi router Vs Internet Sharing

Is there a seperate cab for each?

I installed the cab attached thinking it would work for Wifi Router and it doesn't appear to work. (my usb cable is broken) So I am not able to test it on Internet sharing.

But I was curious if there are seperate cabs for each application.
If there are do you mind sharing the cabs.

Does this cab actually work or not?

Thanks to all who help!
Attached Files
File Type: cab stealth thethering.cab (84.8 KB, 90 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Stealth Tethering for Wifi router Vs Internet Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Is there a seperate cab for each?

I installed the cab attached thinking it would work for Wifi Router and it doesn't appear to work. (my usb cable is broken) So I am not able to test it on Internet sharing.

But I was curious if there are seperate cabs for each application.
If there are do you mind sharing the cabs.

Does this cab actually work or not?

Thanks to all who help!
No there is no stealth tethering cab for wifi router. If this is the Cab from the TP2 tweeeks and mods forum from Might Mike then yes, it does work. But you do have to use it w/ a data cable. The Wifi router is totally different. it uses the you phone as a wifi hot spot. as far as i know its register your data as if you were searching the web on ur phone, cuz it runs off the networks data. assuming you have an unlimited data plan the wifi router is not going to cost u extra. But tethering will if you dont have the stealth cab installed.

Hope this helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:39 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

all stealthe tether does is change some reg entries for ICS..

ive attached Wifi Router for you.. it shows up in start>settings>connections by default
Old 08-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
No there is no stealth tethering cab for wifi router.
Ok this is what I was wanting to know.

Thanks guys!

Looks like Ill have to get a cable to use the Stealth tethering cab!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:09 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Ok this is what I was wanting to know.

Thanks guys!

Looks like Ill have to get a cable to use the Stealth tethering cab!
Just so you know, I tether about 80-100gbs a month VIA wifi router and have yet to be charged along with the masses... dont be afraid to use wifi tether man, its total safe

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 11-30-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: in talking with user Darren, I noticed last month I used almost 130GBs of data lol
Old 08-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Just so you know, I tether about 30gbs a month VIA wifi router and have yet to be charged along with the masses... dont be afraid to use wifi tether man, its total safe
I agree. when I tether i use the wifi 100% of the time and have never had any other charges either. I have found that its alot easier as well. I would give it a try too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2