PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Was Alltel.. Now Verizon

Mayhem8869 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclocking

I am running the same setup as ichthus except my NRG ROM is Aug 25th. Same CPU settings but it will SOD after EVERY phone call. Have tried to drop back the throttled speed to 528Mz. No difference.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint (CDMA)

n2wishin is just getting started

Quote:
I am running the same setup as ichthus except my NRG ROM is Aug 25th. Same CPU settings but it will SOD after EVERY phone call. Have tried to drop back the throttled speed to 528Mz. No difference.
HKCU-->Control Panel--->Phone; then under that, change "Sleep" hex of "1" to "0"
Old 08-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Was Alltel.. Now Verizon

Mayhem8869 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2wishin View Post
HKCU-->Control Panel--->Phone; then under that, change "Sleep" hex of "1" to "0"

Cool thanks. Ill try that. Now if I can just get my keyboard mapped back to stock But wrong thread for that! LOL.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem8869 View Post
Or use the "Msm7k_No_SODonCalls_SetPhoneSleepZero.cab"
I posted a page back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem8869 View Post
...Now if I can just get my keyboard mapped back to stock But wrong thread for that! LOL.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint Keyboard Fix.cab (6.9 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-26-2010 at 11:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:06 PM
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Discussion Group: Overclocking NRG ROM

Good News:
Sense no longer freeze/crash for me as easy on Aug25 and it no longer leaves a "application Data" folder on the Storage card.
You should be able to clock higher without Sense problams.
But still can have Opera closing issue.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

IIVisionII is a n00b

Thanks for the no SOD on call cab. Seems to have fixed all my ocing probs. Running at 710 now with no problems. Tried 748 and get lockups in windows.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Trying out NRG's latest 9/4 24xxx CHT at 729. Going to be on vacation for a few days so I hope all works well.

I just got two new 1800 mah extended batteries so I'll break them in too.

David
Old 09-05-2010, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sl8763 is keeping up the good worksl8763 is keeping up the good work

I'm running Energy's CHT ROM (Cookie Energy Style) dated August 28th 2010. I am using OCT v.1.5 and using these settings:

OCT V1.5 @ 768
2000ms interval
1 steps (so it idles at 384)
100 load max
0 load min
80 jump max
3 jump min

I've only been running it for a day but I've really tried to put the phone through its paces and everything seems quite stable. I am LOVING the new speed, it's like having a new phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slinkydoo1982 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8763 View Post
I'm running Energy's CHT ROM (Cookie Energy Style) dated August 28th 2010. I am using OCT v.1.5 and using these settings:

OCT V1.5 @ 768
2000ms interval
1 steps (so it idles at 384)
100 load max
0 load min
80 jump max
3 jump min

I've only been running it for a day but I've really tried to put the phone through its paces and everything seems quite stable. I am LOVING the new speed, it's like having a new phone.
I've been at zero steps for a while now, but yea, same settings. People, these might be the right settings for 768mhz...
Old 09-06-2010, 09:28 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkydoo1982 View Post
I've been at zero steps for a while now, but yea, same settings. People, these might be the right settings for 768mhz...
I am not one of those lucky useres than can go up to 768 without trouble.
My highest stable is 748, with 768 barely working.

I have some observations.
On Energy Sept4 build 21914 I have notice Sense more stable..
I can now clock my highest stable (748Mhz) without low polling.

Also, for me, OCT at same speed(748testing) froze my unit on texting (zero settings, NO dynamic scalling) ,
So I must assume that the "setcpuspeed 1d cab" is working better for me than the OCT cab..
Also interesting to note is that I did not install Netripper's original app, just the "setcpuspeed 1d cab"..

Also I did an experiment to see which Overclock application would "take over" control of the processor...
Yes let them fight it out, ha!
I installed both the "OCT_V_1.5" cab and the "setcpuspeed 1d cab", and "setcpuspeed 1d cab" won, as it took over at a different speed I set it at.
OCT would try when I pressed "on" button, but instantly revert back to the "setcpuspeed 1d cab" setting.

ALso when I set both on same time to same speed, my unit frooze, whoops!
I guess I'm lucky I didn't melt my unit ha.
These are just some observations and I don't recommend anyone try unless they are not afraid .
Bottom line is, use whatever works for you.

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-06-2010 at 09:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
nrg rom, overclocking