PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

shadixmax is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
curious.

hello, i was curious about this. Is it possible for someone to get this tp rom worked over for sprint tp2? like this one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63479 , i saw it and i loved it for the tp. any help would be appreciated. even helping me do it myself would be greatly appreciated. sorry for bothering anyone.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:26 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: curious.

is that winMO 6.1 2.1 without sense? tough to find now-a-days thats like a year and a half old OS version ya know

if you mean, can someone port it over for you.. im sure noones willing to.. thats an INSANE amount of work and is a BIG job...
Old 08-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shadixmax is a n00b

well not really port, because like you said it's a big job. I kinda figured as much. Which is why I was looking for help in trying to do it myself, or maybe create something similar to this one you know? But yeah mostly looking for help in doing it myself.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:45 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

PM this guy for a link to the ROM hes using.. its 6.1 and almost the same sys version even.. but hes on TP2 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...65&postcount=6

theres nothing special at all about the ROM you linked.. just custom wallpaper and the blue icons... theres cabs that will change all your slider icons and all that for you.. once you find the Rom you want... unless you really wanna sit around for hours/days/weeks sometimes and mod manilla files yourself? and cook your own Roms?? i mean is that what your asking help with, thats what you wanna learn how to do?
Old 08-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shadixmax is a n00b

lol, alright. Hmm, well i'd like to learn but i'll save that for later have enough studying and such on my plate right now. but thanks for the info I thank you for it, right now i'm using the Silence rom 12 on tp2. one quick question, is it possible to extract the files from the fallen rom, and get the icon's and such to make a cab for my tp2?
Old 08-14-2010, 02:59 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

well you can ask you the CHEF for it or something.. but most chefs dont allow their ROMs to be dumped and picked through like that, it protects the CHEF from people claiming work as their own.. usually on if they supply their own kitchen as well can you DUMP a chefs custom rom i believe...

and the icons might not even work or show up super small since TP1 is VGA and TP2 is WVGA
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shadixmax is a n00b

oh, alright then. Thanks for all the help, and info. It was greatly appreciated.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:06 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

oooh here.. this what was i was really looking for.. and someone just bumped it to the top lol http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...22#post1911122

edit** OOHH, heres the link to the rom from the guy i told you to PM, its in the above thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111810

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2