PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic
Carrier: Sprint

tkjames is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*Screen stays on when making a call*

On 6.1 when you make a phone call the screen automatically goes black once it connects. But so far on 6.5 my screen remains lit after the call connects, and I have to turn the screen off with the power button.

Is there a setting I need to adjust to make the screen go off automatically once a call connects?

Check out The Stupid Random Stuff Store for - can you guess? - stupid random stuff...duh!!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:06 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: *Screen stays on when making a call*

the screen has never gone off when a call connects as far as i know... the screen goes off because the device has a proximity sensor to the left of the earpiece.. this can be seen by laying phone on its back, placing a call, and puttin your finger next to th earpiece..- the light will go out..

if your backlight is not going out when moving your phone to your ear, something could be wrong with your proximity sensor.. idk
Old 08-09-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, I know about the proximity sensor, but I have a case on my phone so it's covered. When I was using 6.1 the screen would blank out once a call connected, so I figured it would still do that for 6.5. It doesn't?
Old 08-09-2010, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

With all the different issues you've been posting about, just hard reset already
Old 08-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkjames View Post
Yeah, I know about the proximity sensor, but I have a case on my phone so it's covered. When I was using 6.1 the screen would blank out once a call connected, so I figured it would still do that for 6.5. It doesn't?
Having a case or a reflective screen protector that covers the proximity sensor makes your proximity sensor useless. You will need to tap the power button to turn the screen off during a call. Reg edits for the sensor revert back after soft reset.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintmr View Post
With all the different issues you've been posting about, just hard reset already
And if you have nothing valuable to add, just hush already. Man, this place is full of folks who just want to add what amounts to even less than two cents. Since you're apparently stalking me through the threads, I've said repeatedly I just updated a few days ago, so yeah, I'm trying to work out the bugs that are popping up. I call it "learning".
Old 08-10-2010, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Having a case or a reflective screen protector that covers the proximity sensor makes your proximity sensor useless. You will need to tap the power button to turn the screen off during a call. Reg edits for the sensor revert back after soft reset.
I did wonder if it was related to the sensor, but again, on 6.1 the screen would go off automatically after a call connected; the sensor was only affected in that, by being covered, the screen wouldn't come back on when I held the phone away from my face. But if an auto-off-screen isn't in 6.5, that's fine. I just assumed it was since it was such a useful feature, at least to me.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkjames View Post
And if you have nothing valuable to add, just hush already. Man, this place is full of folks who just want to add what amounts to even less than two cents. Since you're apparently stalking me through the threads, I've said repeatedly I just updated a few days ago, so yeah, I'm trying to work out the bugs that are popping up. I call it "learning".
Thread stalker...yeah, that's it, lmao. It's kinda difficult to browse recent threads and not see all the ones started by you. You've been a member for how long??? And you ask why the proximity sensor is inop when it's covered by a case??? Or this is my favorite - "I installed 75 cabs and reg edits and now i get an error message????" Really??? I learned a shitload on here and xda by searching, reading, and testing. The device is not new and most everything about it has been covered at this point. But still everyday the same ?'s overrun the forum
HARD RESET/TRY AGAIN (and lose the case) lol $.02
Old 08-10-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This cab **should** make your screen turn off during a call. Works fine on my TP2 and I'm running 6.5.

As others have posted, if your proximity sensor is covered, it's not going to work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Might wanna try:
Pocketmax phonealarm has the option to turn off the screen when a call is active.
There is also a "Blank Screen on Talk" option in S2U2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
screen call connect