PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: you opinion helps!!
is this a common problem? 0 0%
was this post helpful? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

375sphelps is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Help!!!

ok, here's the deal, My wife has a TP2 that has been having problems sending and recieving email from Yahoo, sending and recieving texts, intermittently freezes and every once in a while the camera just opens up and snaps a picture... seemingly at random. one last problem, the phone says it is having connection problems anywhere from 2-8 times throughout the day. I've flashed the Rom to mighty rom, installed hard SPL.... any thoughts on a diagnosis or ways to diagnose this? Any help is very much appreciated!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Help!!!

Was it happening on stock ROM? Only after flashing a custom ROM? Somethings borked on it, try flashing stock and seeing if it continues, if it does, take it back to Sprint. If not, clear storage on stock rom, redownload the ROM of your choice, flash new custom rom, clear storage and set her up and see if it happens again.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

375sphelps is a n00b

These all happened while on the stock Rom too... it's really frustrating!! have you heard of anything that could be the root of all this?
Old 08-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Does she have a lot of e-mails/text messages saved on the phone? That can really bog down these phones.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Lots of questions obviously pop up. I'll give you time to respond... However, my observation is related to the pole... You ask questions... But don't give an option to answer no. So I didn't answer. I don't believe this to be a common problem. But hopefully someone can help once you answer all the questions.
p.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

I would argue it was dropped and took some damage. I don't think a program or running too many things would cause it to lose signal. At worst, it would crash and or be extremely slow. But it's just a lot of issues. Yeah hate to say it, but i think it's damaged goods at this point.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2