PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seidio holster turns phone on

Just got a new Deidio holster for my VZW TP2. I like the way it wears and all but notice that it turns my phone on in holster all day long. This majorly drains battery. Could they have sent me the wrong one? Strange. ANyone else having trouble witht heholster. Looking at it, seems the top rubberized clip hits the on/off switch...
Old 08-05-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Seidio holster turns phone on

I used to have this issue- drained battery- found a post here that suggested some magnetic cases that causes the screen to turn on. I placed my phone, turned off, real close to the magnetic strip and noticed it powered on. Had to get rid of the case. No more drain battery.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work

Something about how the magnet makes the phone think that the keyboard just slid out or has been slid out.

+

= <3
Old 08-05-2010, 11:07 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
Something about how the magnet makes the phone think that the keyboard just slid out or has been slid out.
exactly this. the slider mechanism uses a magnet to let the phone know the kb is out.that is if you even have the magnetic one. i shouldnt assume as i know sedio makes a lot of cases. my official htc leather case from best buy even does it. i could even make it turn on by moving it around outside the case. it seemed to be happening alot, so i showed a few people and they all told me i insert the phone weirdly. it only happened as i was putting it away. and it would turn off in about 30 seconds, but it almost always seemed to open a bunch of things. i guess i can worry about it less when i get a phone with a capacitive screen. even if the screen comes on in the pouch, the pouch shouldnt dial or open anything.

Last edited by austin420; 08-05-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android
Carrier: Sprint

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

some of the custom roms have a auto lock when phone put in standby mode, that should at least prevent you from running anything and make the phone go into standby faster. I am currently using the latest energy rom and it has it, and I love it.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There is a cab around here somewhere that tells the magnet not to work when the phone is off. Search on "disable slide wakeup" I think.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw
Threadstarter

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the input folks but I don't think it is amagnet problem. Seems the top tab hits the on/off switch on top of phone. Here is the holster I have. I monitored it yesterday and it seemed to work better in terms of battery life. I guess the phone auto-offs fairly quickly and maybe I didn't move around that much yesterdy. I don't know. But it just seems a poor deisgn for that part of the holster to hit right over one end of the on/off switch... I called seidio yesterday but did not get a call back... otherwise I like their stuff... and it does resolve the vibration problem I had with the slide in hipt cases. Those deaden the vibration too much and I miss calls and such...
Old 08-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

I've never had that problem. Are you also using the Innocase or just the holster? If you're using the holster that was made for use with the Innocase, but not using the Innocase, the phone would be very loose in the holster, but it wouldn't cause the power switch to be pressed.

The only thing I can think of is that you have the Innocase but are using the holster that was made for use without the case. But I don't think you would be able to get the phone to fit into the that holster.

I have the holster made for the Innocase. The back says HTP2ASC.

Are you sure the power button is being pressed? The cilp on the holster is curved to avoid such an issue. Maybe another button on your phone is being pressed. What are you using to lock it?

Last edited by popdog54; 08-07-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

i suggest you contact them. In this situation they have REALLY good customer service. let them know what's happening and they might be able to help you out!

gl

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:02 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbyham View Post
Just got a new Deidio holster for my VZW TP2. I like the way it wears and all but notice that it turns my phone on in holster all day long. This majorly drains battery. Could they have sent me the wrong one? Strange. ANyone else having trouble witht heholster. Looking at it, seems the top rubberized clip hits the on/off switch...
As others have stated, I do not belive this is due to the button being activated. I am fairly certain that the magnet in the flip-cover is activating a sensor in the phone. This particular sensor is designed to automatically unlock the phone, when the keyboard is opened. The sensor is activated by a magnet. The magnet in the case is essentially causing the phone to think the keyboard is being opened.

So, to prevent this from happening, you need to disable that particular feature with a registry tweak.

Code:
HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD\
"SlideWakeup"=dword:0
Best regards,
-boggsie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2