PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Audible Air error on HTC TP2 WM65

I just called then and spoke to someone. I think they do care (Remember Windows Phone 7 is coming) It has to do with Amazon buying them. They moved over to the amazon platform and it broke audible air.
They have been working on it and they promised to let me know when it was fixed. I figure in a couple more days I will call 'em up and get a free book credit.
In the meantime, you can use the Audible manager and sync content.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

RobsOnLine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I contacted Audible about this issue. Their suggestion was that I make sure I am running the latest version. Unless there is another one newer than v5.5.0.6 dated 2006, I think I have the latest. It does not seem like they are too worried about supporting WinMo.

I found another way to download the audio books; however, it may not work for everyone. While I was on Audible’s site, I noticed that the Android version was launched yesterday (8/12/2010). I booted my TP2 into android, and loaded Audible’s app from the Market Place. I downloaded a book via Android, and then copied the file into the WinMo Audible library. Not the best work around, but when in a pinch, it is better than nothing.

Rob

Last edited by RobsOnLine; 08-13-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Still not working. I am thinking I should push for two audiobooks. Plus I discovered that while you can download format 4 to your device using Audible Air, the Audible desktop won't allow it. I contact them on that issue as well. Since now I have to download all my content again in Format 3, which is not as nice.

I noticed that the files on the device and files on the desktop have an .aa extension. I wonder if I can bypass the audible manager and just put them directly in the folder on the device once I download it to the PC.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

I think we should just accept that it's permanently broken. They might care about WM7, but I seriously doubt they care about anything previous.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None

MarkSt is a n00b

It's no consolation, but I'm having the same problem with a Palm Treo 700p running Palm O/S. I called Audible, the tech support person claimed to have heard of this problem before and suggested I update my phone's firmware. I did so. No change. Problem continues. My workaround is to download content to my PC and hot sync to my phone.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

It's only a consolation in the fact that it's not my Custom Phone setup that's to blame. I am willing to bet that it's gonna get fixed, I suspect it won't work on Window 7 phones either. That's one good thing with MS os. Things that are fixed in the future can usually be made to work on older hardware. I am running Energy's ROM on my Touch Pro, and It's an example of that. An operating system with enhancements designed for a newer phone, running on older hardware.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Oh, By the way. They sent the procedure on how to get the data to your phone without using Audible Manager, I will post it here:

To enable customers to transfer Audible titles to their Windows Mobile device via Windows Explorer, as opposed to AM and/or WMP11.

Procedure:

Transferring to Main Memory

1. Make sure Audible Manager is closed, by going to File -> Exit.

2. Next, go to My Computer. You will then find an icon that looks like an orange PDA called, Mobile Device. Double click on this icon.

3. You find another Orange PDA icon called, My Windows Mobile-Based Device. Double click on this icon as well. The new window that you are in, shows you all the folders and programs on your Pocket PC.

4. Locate the "Programs Files" folder. One you're in Programs Files, go into the AudiblePlayer folder and keep this window open.

5. From here, right- click the Start Menu and choose Explore.

6. Go to the following location: Local Disk C-> Documents and Settings-> All Users -> Shared Documents->Audible ->Downloads

7. Simply click - and -drag your files from this window to the AudiblePlayer window and the files will appear within AudiblePlayer on the device after the transfers are complete.

Transferring to a Storage Card

1. Make sure Audible Manager is closed, by going to File -> Exit.

2. Next, go to My Computer. You will then find an icon that looks like an orange PDA called, Mobile Device. Double click on this icon.

3. You find another Orange PDA icon called, My Windows Mobile-Based Device. Double click on this icon as well. The new window that you are in, shows you all the folders and programs on your Pocket PC.

4. Locate the storage card folder. In most cases, it's called SD card, storage card, or just MMC. Double click to get into this folder. You will Now need to create an AudiblePlayer folder(if one isn't already present).

5. To create this folder, right click anywhere in the window and choose the "New Folder" option. Name the folder "AudiblePlayer".

6. Once the folder is created, right click the Start menu and choose Explore.

7. Go to the following location: Local Disk C-> Documents and Settings-> All Users -> Shared Documents->Audible ->Downloads

8. Simply click - and -drag your files from this window to the AudiblePlayer window and the files will appear within AudiblePlayer on the device after the transfers are complete.

Note: Make sure that you activate the main memory of the device in AM prior to transferring the files in Windows Explorer.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Still no love. Not working.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

They gave me a $5 credit, and they are still working on it.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Hmm, maybe I should complain. Once a week, might get me a free book every 2-3 weeks, since I'm sure they're not really working on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
audible, htc tp2, wm65