PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2+Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

F.T.P. is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pictures dont rotate???

Hi all. And a big THANK YOU to all the great people here for all the hard work! Gotta question i havent been able to search out on my own... Do the pictures rotate from landscape to portrait? They do on my diamond and on my tp2 they just stay in landscape with the portrait oriented ones sideways 90*... I have a feeling they dont rotate but just wanna know for sure, its the only thing thats buggin me....Thanks in advance for any help!dont know if it matters but im on stock 6.5 sprint w/ sense.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Re: Pictures dont rotate???

does anyone know...lolcan one pic be seen in landscape and portrait on your phone???
Old 08-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

No... I think because our screens are a bit longer... A picture taken in portrait mode would look too small if displayed on a phone being held in a landscape orientation. Or vise versa.
p.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Bummer...Thanks for the reply... Just seems like they should, smaller or not anyway... well at least i can stop tryin to get it to then... Thanks again
Old 08-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Just an update for anyone else looking for this info and cant find it.... i was told by sprint tech support they do not and by my local sprint store the same ... So thank you AZTECA for the info again....Was hoping they did but glad to know before i hard reset....Just seems like they should, seeing all it can do, but guess not
Hope this is useful to anyone looking for the same info...
Now to go manually rotate the portrait ones so i can actually use tv-out and slideshow without half being sideways
Any input welcome from anyone....DOES YOUR TP2??????
Old 08-08-2010, 02:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: wireless

da9th_one is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.T.P. View Post
Just an update for anyone else looking for this info and cant find it.... i was told by sprint tech support they do not and by my local sprint store the same ... So thank you AZTECA for the info again....Was hoping they did but glad to know before i hard reset....Just seems like they should, seeing all it can do, but guess not
Hope this is useful to anyone looking for the same info...
Now to go manually rotate the portrait ones so i can actually use tv-out and slideshow without half being sideways
Any input welcome from anyone....DOES YOUR TP2??????
i found a more legit answer to your question...i found this thread via google b/c i was searching for the same answer...i registered to this sight just to answer you question...now here is the answer... your tp2 does have a "rotate button" for photos, but you cannot get to it while using "touchflo/sense". step 1: is to disable touchflo/sense by pressing start-settings-today-items-and uncheck the box that says "touchflo 3d"- press "ok" step 2: press start-programs-pictures & video-find and click on your photo-press rotate-menu-save.... after you finished you can re-enable touchflo...there are a lot of thing the tp2 can not do while touchflo is enabled...i just happened to remember that and gave it a shot with this issue and it worked... i hope this helps someone... i bid you peace...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Hi da9th and thanks for the reply...I was aware of the way to manually rotate the pics,i was really just wondering if it did it in tf3d/sense...Just was hoping i didnt have to do that way but oh well... I take alot of pics with another camera backpacking/hiking/and climbing so im always changing pics around from computer to phone and didnt wanna have folders with pics just setup for the phones album. I guess im being lazy and still used to my diamond where they did rotate back and forth...I was also wanting to know for sure before i tryed a hard reset (which im glad i didnt do!)...

I do really apperciate your reply/response tho.. And hope i can be the first to welcome you here, tons of super cool and smart people here...Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2