PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 and text messages

Is anyone on SPRINT and a TP2 having issues with text messaging??? I have been having an issue for the past 2 weeks where somtimes I receive text messages and most times I do not. Please call me to ask me if I received their text message (and I didnt). Somes times turning off the phone and then back on re-registers it on the network and other times NOT. other times I can send a text message and then after that I can receive them . BUT then later on the messages STOP receiving again... any ideas???
Old 08-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: TP2 and text messages

I would do a couple of things... Update your PRL and your profile... Then a sorft reset and then try again... If problem persists... Not too many options are left... When I had that issue with one of my TP's I took it in to the service center and showed them it didn't work. So they replaced it.
I hope that helps.
p.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

cwboy25 is a n00b

I had a problem where it always said I had an unread message unless I deleted my entire inbox. Sprint's answer to everything, hard reset. But, it actually worked this time...for now.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Every once in a while I do a hard reset and just install all my cabs from scratch. You might find this helpful in the long run.
p.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:27 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwboy25 View Post
I had a problem where it always said I had an unread message unless I deleted my entire inbox. Sprint's answer to everything, hard reset. But, it actually worked this time...for now.
just so you know, theres a file for that.. its just an exe, run it from anywhere you want-sd card even.. and it rids the phantom message thing after you run it and soft reset.. easy peasy.. attached below
Attached Files
File Type: zip FixUnreadCount.zip (3.5 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Well tonight, my text messages started working again. then about 10 minutes ago I tried sending a text message.. the phone lit up like it was receiving something but nothing came through.. I saw I had just about NO SIGNAL... then I did a soft reset. then sent another message and it came through and the phone had better signal..

what could be causing this?? I really think its a sprint issue but my wife who has palm pre doesnt have the issue
Old 08-04-2010, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eXuRo is keeping up the good workeXuRo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to eXuRo

sounds fishy.. im no expert but i would back up all files and contacts and hard reset.. seems to fix all the problems ive had so far
Old 08-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Called sprint this morning.. they did a refresh on their end.. then had me power off and back on. I told them I do this ever time text messaging stops (power off and back on) and sometimes it works and other times not.. I also told them I have had sprint refresh my phone a few times already... HOWEVER, she told me there was a network issue and the refresh would fix it (they all tell me that each time I call)..

HOWEVER.. so far is been working all day.. ive been all over my area in the car and I am still getting text messages.. HMMMMM?!?!?!?!?
Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

don't worry...you're not the only one they used that "network has issues" excuse on.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDD..... CLOSED.
LOL.
I'm glad you got your issue resolved.
p

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2