PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yahoo is messing up my phone!

Hey guys
Weird problem... i have noticed that within the last week or so I have been having issues with yahoo. First let me start off by saying what i am running. I have a tp2 on sprint with Mr. X sense 2.5 rom with the VZW 2.23 radio... I first started noticing this problem when i would reboot my phone and sense wouldn't load on the screen... I can hear it working in the background with twitter chirping and such but sense would never load. I came to realize that it was because yahoo was trying to sync and it would hang up my phone. So i deleted my account and reinstalled it and it worked fine for a week or so... Then today it started happening again... I noticed that it had dled all of my yahoo emails (back to 2006) and would not be able to sync anymore... it took a couple of hours but i finally got it to delete all the emails from my phone and then i was able to delete the account again. Now sense loads np. Does anyone know why it does this? gmail has no issues...

On a side note: ON the android rom ( three weeks ago and haven't messed with the rom since ) gmail would work but yahoo kept asking for an pw and login even though i entered it correctly...
Old 08-02-2010, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

slochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Yahoo is messing up my phone!

It sound like Yahoo was trying to sinc prior to sense loading (normally not a bad thing), and it was trying to pull all those emails which caused a significant delay. Enough that the next process could have timed out (just a guess on that part) and sense being the next process caused you to get the result you had. You said you deleted all the emails from your phone, but are they still in Yahoo? If so, it could be happening all over again. You may want to log into Yahoo on a PC and delete them directly, and then set up the account on your phone. Remember, when you check your snail mail you don't put the envelopes back in the mailbox for storage. It's not a good idea to treat an email inbox that way either - store them elsewhere. Just my 1.2 cents
Old 08-02-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Thanks
Ok so after looking around people have been having similar issues with winmo 6.5 and yahoo...

First i want to apologize for the repost of this issue.

Fixes
go to yahoo and clean out inbox either by deleting what you dont need or archiving all old emails...

not sure about this one... set phone to delete emails after a set amount of days...

use a different email reading program other that windows default reading program... windows doesnt work well.. (i sound so noobish)

if i am missing something please let me know. Thanks alot

Last edited by jonlee83; 08-02-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I dont have this problem with roms that use 6.5.X. I did on 6.5. Should be set to only pull down the last 3 days of emails.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

doggiedog is a n00b

I had this problem on my old HTC Touch. I would notice my phone was hot and then look to see that it was DLing all of my Yahoo emails. It would do this with both email accounts randomly. I had this happen to my HTC TP2 as well.

The only real solution for me was to archive all of the emails I didn't need to limit the number DLed.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

This is a known issue with Yahoo e-mail, the absolute best fix for this is to clean out your inbox and keep it lean and use folders with your yahoo e-mail.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

notanerd1411 is becoming a great contributor

I have had this problem a lot on my Sbcglobal account. Every so often it tries to download my entire inbox, even though I have it set on my phone to only keep messages for 3 days. It did it again about 4 days ago, since then I have just kept it on keep messages for today only. This is by no means a fix but it has worked before.

This has happened atleast 5 times over the course of me having my touch pro 2, each time I have had a different ROM. It has also happened on my motorola q. However it has only ever happened with this email account, as my work exchange email and gmail account never have had this issue. I am convinced it is on SBC end.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

Like I said it works for me I have 8000+ emails in my inbox, most recent roms I dont have this problem but they are all 6.5.x
Old 08-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Are you using Yahoo with pop3 on your TP2? I am having this problem and my screen would never come up and its sooo slow. I had to do a hard reset 3x in about 1.5 months and now I dont use pop3 anymore.

Is this your problem also?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2