PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [REQUEST] Wi-Fi Sharing running in AP mode (Non Ad-Hoc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
And the way to do this is?
Quote:
While the connection in the ad-hoc "Computer to Computer" mode, it's even able to handle multiple connections in parallel which means it makes the HTC smartphone a real mobile hotspot.
http://www.theunwired.net/?item=teth...aring-via-wifi
Old 08-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

link is not working. I've been trying to do this as well without any luck. HELP!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammarho55 View Post
I've been looking for this exact thing for some time now. What I do is tether my phone to my computer and then use the program from http://connectify.me/ with one of the access point cards... I use this http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0305492 This will broadcast the wifi network you need. I know its a horrid work-around but does the trick when trying to connect things like the PS3 that don't see ad-hoc networks. Probably should mention that this particular program only runs on a PC runing windows7.
That's actually a decent tip, but you are right... big pain in the ass.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:16 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

not familiar w/ all wifi terms like ad-hoc an such, but i had a question an this thread seemed best fit.

i been looking @ getting a ipad cloned android MID...w/ just wifi and use my tp2 as the router to connect 2 the internet on the MID. is that possible w/ the tp2? wat kinda specs do i need to make sure the cloned pad has?

thanks 4 the help. (reason 4 the clone is i wanna end sprint contract but gotta wait 1 mo year an the pad would hold me over w/ android.)
Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
And the way to do this is?
WMWifiRouter...
Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

well ya see here lies the issue i can get my wii to see it but it wont connect wmwifi or wifi router

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 04-03-2012, 03:23 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Reviving a dead (but not locked) thread -

The TP2 is capable of broadcasting an Infrastructure HotSpot, albeit on the Android side.
But that does let me (us) know that it is not a hardware limitation but is a limitation for those of us who prefer the Windows-Mobile-side.

(Seeing as how no-software comapny has decided to include the feature, I reckon it may be more trouble than it is worth. However, I will have a good year left on this TP2 (til Sprint offers a decent LTE Slider in the greater Phoenix-Area) and if all that is missing is some dll or driver implementation to allow Infrastructure Broadcast then I am more than willing to contribute. (Heck $200 spent on this feature may even keep me from needing to upgrade anyway.)

Maybe someone who knows exactly how/why the Xandroid builds support the Infrastructue Hotspot but on Windows Mobile we are SOL...consider me an eager ear.

(I am convinced it is a software issu - might be a limitation of Windows Mobile it-self, but that has almost never seemed to stop anyone from evolving Microsoft's Red-Headed Step-child before)
Old 04-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

dont know if this would help anyone but recently I bought a hp touchpad and installed android on it

anyways using the zt-180 app i'm able to connect to the touch pro 2's ad hoc connection and tether using it. It works great (sprint speed aside lol)

I was able to drive across the midwest this weekend and use it in car no problems

there are also fixes for ad hoc tether in webos side for the skype video chat
Old 04-06-2012, 05:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

I have been using my TP2 as a wifi device for quite a while now, albeit as the previous poster asserted, using it as an Android device. WMWifiRouter works for everything except the tablet. I installed Android on the phone ages ago and kept up with the updates for a while hoping that it would bring some new life to my phone but it never got good enough to use it 100% of the time, BUT it does allow me to wifi router my Touchpad to it as well as many other devices at the same time. So, Android gets loaded only when i need it as a hotspot for my tablet, then rebooted to WinMo when done.
Obviously not a hardware issue.

- If using the TP2 as a hotspot running Android your battery life drops very quickly so plug into a power source while using it and try not to use the phone for other purposes while in this mode. The TP2 chip is not fast enough to handle running WinMO+Android+wifi+cellular then something else.
- Make sure Wifi is NOT active prior to running android.

Until someone comes up with a simpler solution this seems to be the only viable way to do it.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

erythros read my post above yours, there is an app that lets hp touchpad loaded with android see the ad hoc from the touch pro 2, meaning i dont need to load xdandroid onto it

allowed me to stream music from tp2 as well as hotspot for the touchpad I'll be away for 2 weeks but if you can't find the app on google (took a while to find it for me), shoot me a pm and i'll send you the apk file when I'm back

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2