PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Return TP2 for EVO 4G!? SPRINT

Having both, I liked the evo except for the lack of keyboard. TP2 is cool, still liking tp1 keyboard more though. Larger screen makes it ok! :P

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
Having both, I liked the evo except for the lack of keyboard. TP2 is cool, still liking tp1 keyboard more though. Larger screen makes it ok! :P
had both, prefer the cash for the one i will never miss or use again...n ya know what, in a yr, ill feel the same about the evo, after-praytell, evo 2 arrives on the scene
Old 08-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dwayn3 is a n00b
Question Re: Return TP2 for EVO 4G!? SPRINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
Phone is a mess. Half the buttons don't work anymore. Screen has oily film on it. Batteries probably last 6 hours before it dies. Doesn't even last me at work.

want to exchange it for the 4g. anyone done this?
So let me get this right, you have totally trashed your TP2 and you want to get an even trade for the hypest phone on the market? Fair is fair, as with anything, (health, dental, automobile), I suggest insurance, and to take better care of your equipment, instead of saying "it doesn't work" and leaving someone else to foot the bill with higher prices. I'm not trying to flame anyone, but in the real world people don't (or shouldn't) use something until it's broken, or has no value, then ask for an upgrade.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Threadstarter

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayn3 View Post
So let me get this right, you have totally trashed your TP2 and you want to get an even trade for the hypest phone on the market? Fair is fair, as with anything, (health, dental, automobile), I suggest insurance, and to take better care of your equipment, instead of saying "it doesn't work" and leaving someone else to foot the bill with higher prices. I'm not trying to flame anyone, but in the real world people don't (or shouldn't) use something until it's broken, or has no value, then ask for an upgrade.

it was shit after 1-2 months. started acting really funky.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
then send it to htc. If it is hardware fault, they will fix it.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:06 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
please explain. maybe we can help you here! "acting really funky" coud be anything. have you ever ran a clear temp or clean ram program? ever done a hard reset? do you have 500 emails and thousands of texts? in your first post, you said it had an oily film on the screen. did you mean under the screen? if so, that will garner you a new tp2 to start over with!

Old 08-05-2010, 10:25 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

when half the hk stopped working, i would've went directly to sprint and let them know the problem. why are you waiting and not letting them know about the problem with the replacement phone you got?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
so you get 10-12 hours battery life out of an EVO?? what are you like the only person, do you even use the thing lol most seem to report a few to serveral hours about 8 or 9hrs max seems to be my estimate based off all the feedback threads and such
all depends on usage as you mentioned. I would say the Evo battery life comparing apples to apples (usage that is) is slightly lower than the tp2. The people getting extremely poor results are either using the device constantly(not judging) or not turning off certain apps/processes. Having facebook running all day is useless if you dont need it for example. also, syncing the news widget is pointless when you can just do it when you need it. there's probably 10 other items but in short, battery is comparable but not as good. There's really nothing major that you can't fix on the tp2 through custom roms and tweaks here.

Totally agree with Darren. all ppc have poor battery life. Nice avatar. lol
Old 08-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro 2

sh1blue is a n00b

hope im not to late to answer they wont exchange it but sprint does buy smartphones back they may not give the value you paid but they paid me $60 for my original touch pro by the way was in pretty bad shape and i put that money toward my tp2 so the only other option is if you have sprints insurance you can accidently lose or run it over pay 100 get a replacement post for sale on net wait a couple days to a couple months probably get close to $200 for phone depending on what accessories you have with it if you ask me its a lot less hassle to just sell it to sprint
Old 08-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

well my tp is in mint condition (MINT!) with a $60 seidio holster and cover, and they want to pay me $60 as well. F T!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2