PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 05:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nom303 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
avg and custom roms?

avg is now considering all ruu...dll files as trojans and the roms themselves, i wonder if the phone companies got with avg to consider them as viruses to stop chefs, jus a thought! whn i scanned with avg all the roms on my comp were treated as threats, roms that i had from months back that had no virus and worked great even the stock rom from sprint does it too. but it deleted all the .dll files so now there useles...wondering if anyone was having this problem?

Last edited by nom303; 07-31-2010 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Re: avg and custom roms?

this happened when i ran Norton as well

i use ESET now and have no problems. you shoudl be able to edit in the settings so that it allows you to keep the file without turning off your protection
Old 07-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

AVG has been going down hill for along time, I would have to say +1 to Eset, NOD32 has been really good for me.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:43 AM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nom303 View Post
avg is now considering all ruu...dll files as trojans and the roms themselves, i wonder if the phone companies got with avg to consider them as viruses to stop chefs, jus a thought! whn i scanned with avg all the roms on my comp were treated as threats, roms that i had from months back that had no virus and worked great even the stock rom from sprint does it too. but it deleted all the .dll files so now there useles...wondering if anyone was having this problem?
AVG did the same damn thing to me...I am royally pissed! Time for a new anti-virus prog!

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:50 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

you just have to keep your roms in a folder with an exception on scanning it. or move them to an external drive. i gave up all my anti virus though. i used to use bit defender, now just windows firewall and spybot s&d! ftw! also, why save old roms?

Old 07-31-2010, 10:56 AM
You will NEVER know...

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
you just have to keep your roms in a folder with an exception on scanning it. or move them to an external drive. i gave up all my anti virus though. i used to use bit defender, now just windows firewall and spybot s&d! ftw! also, why save old roms?
You have to turn AVG off if you use it and try to flash a rom cuz it sees the ruu as a virus and deletes it...Dumba$$ me didn't figure it out until I had opened a couple of dif roms to try and flash. And I keep my stock rom, task 29, and radios all of which avg sees as virus cuz of the ruu
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:18 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobaby View Post
You have to turn AVG off if you use it and try to flash a rom cuz it sees the ruu as a virus and deletes it...Dumba$$ me didn't figure it out until I had opened a couple of dif roms to try and flash. And I keep my stock rom, task 29, and radios all of which avg sees as virus cuz of the ruu
ahh. stock and task 29. didnt think about those. i thought someone was going to they had every mightyrom back to 2007 or something!
sorry.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:29 AM
You will NEVER know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
ahh. stock and task 29. didnt think about those. i thought someone was going to they had every mightyrom back to 2007 or something!
sorry.
Lol! I do keep a couple of roms around though. Like when I flash one of energys roms I keep that one on my puter (in it's own lil rom folder) just in case I have to go back to it cuz I seriously hate searching for something I had but deleted
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ya i had to dump ave and go with avast pro.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If it helps anyone, "Microsoft Security Essentials" was rated as the best performing, in terms of low resource usage and detection rates, according to Lifehacker (a blog). See HERE.

Of course there is a lot of debate over which anti-virus program is the best, and almost everyone has an opinion.

Something you should keep in mind - My current PC is very powerful, and it handles MSSE with no issues. On an older P4, I did notice that MSSE bogged down the processor for about a day after it was installed (did not get turned off for the duration). After that period of time, MSSE's processor usage dropped. I'm guessing that MSSE was analyzing files in the background after it was installed.

If this helps you, don't forget to hit the Thanks button.

Last edited by SweetBearCub; 07-31-2010 at 01:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2