PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

eXuRo is keeping up the good workeXuRo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to eXuRo
Unhappy help with cleanin up ppc

my device is lagging and i need some help cleaning it up.. i am using CHT and i like it so far.. here is a list of all my installed programs..

1. shazam (kinda like)
2. sms 2.0 (could go without)
3. reset me (like)
4. wiki-app (like but havent used it lol)
5. sk tools demo (open for suggestions on better app)
6. CapSure
7. iTouch (suppose to make screen more touch sensitive but havent seen any difference and dont know how to open it)
8. pandora radio (like)
9. pocket uno (like it when im bored)
10. opnmarket (like)
11. CHT (like)
12. MW Marketplace (probably need to delete this since i have opnmarket, but i dont know if it has things opnm doesnt)

not sure what all info you need so here is a few pics

\

Old 07-30-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: help with cleanin up ppc

do you have a lot of emails and text messages you're keeping in your device? having tons of messages hanging around your phone can cause your tp2 to lag.

also, have you checked out Goodthings2life's tp2 clean up thread here?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...oodthings2life

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 07-30-2010 at 04:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
do you have a lot of emails and text messages you're keeping in your device? having tons of messages hanging around your phone can cause your tp2 to lag.

also, have you checked out Goodthings2life's tp2 clean up thread here?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...oodthings2life
careful in that cleanup thread OP, lots of things in there are meant for winMO 6.1 manila v2.1 and not clearly labeled... the TP2 has had some offical and unoffical upgrades, so not everything in there is for your winmo 6.5 manila v2.5 device...

i looked at your apps, like everything but CHT can be stored on your sd card just FYI...however i noticed you have over 200mB of storage space left, so thats probably not an issue...

apps like cleanRAM and ClearTemp can really free up space and avoid hard and soft resets for lag issues..

like above mentioned, having tons of texts(some people here boast having 10,000 saved txts) and emails really slow things down..

you ever have any questions feel free to ask or PM
Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

eXuRo is keeping up the good workeXuRo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to eXuRo

ok thank you.. i have 1,000s of files on this damn phone alot are stock but i dont know which ones are and which ones are not.. think im going to write a list of all the apps that ive kept that i like and then start over.. i wish i could pick what was being installed because a lot of crap comes with the phone that i dont need like microsoft office and others..

Last edited by eXuRo; 07-31-2010 at 02:39 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
clean, htc tp2, lag, zac