PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 05:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone wont stay on after Task29

Hey guys, I'm having a major problem with my phone not powering on. Yesterday, I did about 4 separate ROM flashes, as I was testing out various ROM's. Prior to each new ROM flash, I did a Task 29. As I did my last Task 29, everything was great. I was able to get into the Tri-Color Bootloader screen or the Touch Pro 2 splash screen that came included in the Task29 package. I decided I would wait till the next day to flash a ROM on the phone as I was still uncertain which ROM I wanted to finally stick with on the phone and decided to sleep on it. I turned the phone off and connected it to the charger, to charger overnight. This morning, I am unable to power the phone. If I leave it plugged into the charger, the orange charging light stays lit, and every once in a while the phone turns on by itself and boots to the Touch Pro 2 screen. Then after a few seconds it turns off but itself. I tried removing the battery several times and am able to get to the Tri-Color bootloader screen the few instances that I can get it to turn on. However, after a few seconds the phone shuts off by itself. I noticed that whenever the phone does happen to turn on, the orange charging light shuts off. And a few seconds after when the phone shuts off by itself, the orange charging light turns back on. I tried connecting it to the stock AC Adapter and also tried the USB Sync cable connected to the computer. No luck either way.

P.S. Every 5 minutes, the phone "wakes up" from charging and boots to the Touch Pro 2 spash screen. I can only assume this was going on all night (the phone was charging in a different room from where I was sleeping)

Last edited by PapaPrem; 07-29-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Phone wont stay on after Task29

sounds like the battery is toast, or just dead.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I guess removing it every time after the Task 29 Splash Screen came up, caused it to short-circuit perhaps. I'm just scared that it's the internal power circuitry of the phone that is fried. Because then Sprint warranty care wouldn't be able to do anything since the phone is unlocked. By the way, would the phone normally charge the battery when plugged in, if there is no ROM on it (just the splash screen)?

Last edited by PapaPrem; 07-29-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
I guess removing it every time after the Task 29 Splash Screen came up, caused it to short-circuit perhaps. I'm just scared that it's the internal power circuitry of the phone that is fried. Because then Sprint warranty care wouldn't be able to do anything since the phone is unlocked. By the way, would the phone normally charge the battery when plugged in, if there is no ROM on it (just the splash screen)?
Well technically if they can't see it then i guess it can't hurt to bring it to sprint for a replacement. Did you try hard reseting it maybe?
Old 07-29-2010, 09:12 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I tried to hard reset it but I can't get the phone to power on and stay on. Sprint is going to send me a replacement battery. I hope that's the fix. They offered to send me a replacement by mail, but if I send them this unlocked phone without a ROM on it, I'm guessing they would probably bill me since the phone was modified.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:55 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

You were right razorloves. The battery was toast. Removing it every time while the phone was still on (after completing Task29) must have messed it up. The new battery remedied the situation.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2