PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Two incredibly annoying issues (speaker and TZ)

I have searched and can't for the life of me find the solution to these two problems. They both started recently and both follow me across multiple other ROM flashes, even after a Task29 wipe (MR, MrX, VZ, etc).

#1 - My outer speaker will just quit working. My phone won't make a ring sound, no text notification sound, audiobooks make no noise, etc. Everything looks perfectly normal except the speaker just won't work. The odd part is that if I make a call, the inner speaker works fine (ear part) and if I turn on speaker phone that continues to work. Then I'll immediately try an audio book or a ringtone and nothing. If I soft reset then it comes back, but will easily go out a few more times during the course of a day. I have yet to find any way of recreating it and it appears to be random. Since a soft reset brings it back I can't help but think it's some kind of software issue, however how would that happen across multiple ROM flashes?

#2 - I live in Arizona, and we don't move at all for daylight savings time. I'll quote myself from another post just to save time, but suffice to say flashing the older radio didn't fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
Just an FYI, I noticed one day I had an issue where calendar appointments kept being off by an hour or more depending on where they originated in the US. Checking my settings I keep getting flipped to Mountain timezone which is not accurate for Arizona. Since we never change, sometimes we are in sync with Pacific and sometimes we are in sync with Mountain. After trying several different ROMs thinking it was related to that I realized this started right about the time I flashed the Verizon 2.35 radio. I then found this which seems to corroborate that theory since the MR2 updates comes with that radio:

http://businessforums.verizon.net/t5/PDA-Smartphone-Devices/Arizona-time-zone-messed-up-after-TP2-MR2-upgrade/m-p/211650

I'm now switching back to 2.23 and will report back if it goes away.
I have tried manually setting my city, and it just switches back on it's own. I haven't tracked down when either, but likely whenever I soft reset from issue #1 or when I travel across town and hit other cell towers and it tries to sync the time with my phone or something. Even if I just leave it on Mountain time and fix my clock to the right time, my calendar appointments are off by an hour. Before, I literally never had to do anything except turn on location and set my time and it never gave me any issues. Whether or not that's related to us being in sync with Pacific time now whereas we weren't before, I don't know.

Both of these issues are driving me crazy but I can't help but think there's a fix for it.

Last edited by oldpueblo; 07-29-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Two incredibly annoying issues (speaker and TZ)

Okay I just found something that might fix #2, I'll report back otherwise.

http://businessforums.verizon.net/t5...razy/m-p/26601
Old 07-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Two incredibly annoying issues (speaker and TZ)

Welp, this is pretty funny. I sat and thought after I typed out the above and it occurred to me that all the sounds that aren't working are happening via different system than the phone sounds. Then I asked myself what has remained the same throught all my ROM flashes? TCPMP. I think somewhere along the way I had to redownload it so I may not be using the same one I've used in the past. I waited till my phone once again stopped working for sounds, then I uninstalled TCPMP, and my sounds came back without even a reset. I guess it's time to find a new version of TCPMP. Funny how I waited for days and days to make a thread, and then I find my own answers with an hour of posting it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2