PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I Was fooling around with a android phone and they have an app where they can chirp nextel/boost mobile users. Is there any kind of app like this where a winmo phone can chirp boostmobile/nextel users?
Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Nextel Chirp On TP2?

Hmm.. I don't think this was a direct "chirp" since iDEN operates on a different frequency than a regular CDMA radio. That is to say that in order to connect to a Nextel subscriber, your phone would have to have a separate radio chip dedicated to communicating with Nextel/Boost subscribers (ala the hybrid CDMA/iDEN devices).

It's likely an internet-based protocol between Android devices rather than iDEN direct connect (read: gimmick)
Old 07-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yep, here's some info on this type of app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=707782
Old 07-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I Was fooling around with a android phone and they have an app where they can chirp nextel/boost mobile users. Is there any kind of app like this where a winmo phone can chirp boostmobile/nextel users?
YES there is an app for that on Windows! XDA member loudtalks created one and by the sound of it you can also ptt to Nextel and any windows user alike. You can also join "chats" with up to 100 users. Check it out! http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...hmentid=319449
Old 07-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

YES there is an app for that on Windows! XDA member loudtalks created one and by the sound of it you can also ptt to Nextel and any windows user alike. You can also join "chats" with up to 100 users. Check it out! http://www.xda-developers.com/window...-mobile-phone/

Last edited by vzihome; 07-25-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:53 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

pretty sure loudtalks is similiar to the android app..

android app says its NOT for Nextel PTT but for android phones running the app

loudtalks only communicates with other winmo devices running loudtalks..
- loudtalks works, but its slower and a little laggy at times.. i tried it on 2 of my TP1s back when i heard of it and even next to each other it wasnt always getting the alert right away... makes it more like a walkie talkie if anything.. and its VOIP, so it pushes data to use it also

i dont think ive personally ever came across an app that allows contact through the Nextel 2way.. doesnt mean it doesnt exist though i suppose

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 07-25-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:46 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome
Quote:

YES there is an app for that on Windows! XDA member loudtalks created one and by the sound of it you can also ptt to Nextel and any windows user alike. You can also join "chats" with up to 100 users. Check it out! http://www.xda-developers.com/window...-mobile-phone/
thanks i like this app but i guess we cant chirp nextel users or the android users wit their chirp app huh?
Old 07-25-2010, 04:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

thanks i like this app but i guess we cant chirp nextel users or the android users wit their chirp app huh?
maybe im reading too much into it, but this is from the website i posted above:"This version presented by member loudtalks works with on mobile to mobile, mobile to pc, pc to pc and
even with nextel."
Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

jmilch is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
maybe im reading too much into it, but this is from the website i posted above:"This version presented by member loudtalks works with on mobile to mobile, mobile to pc, pc to pc and
even with nextel."
I just noticed the same thing. I am going to try it out and see what happens...
Old 07-25-2010, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome
Quote:

even with nextel."
im lovin this app man so how would u even attempt to to chirp a nextel user? u just put their phone number in or do they have a special number? i never used a actual nextel chirp before and how would they chirp use loudtalk users back?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2