PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 11:33 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up amidst all the hating, a nice article about the touch pro 2!

just found this on htcpedia. just a quick reminder of why we all used to love our touch pro 2s. i'm personally holding out with mine. i just don't see the glory in the evo. i'm interested in the epic. i don't know if i can hold out till wp7. i just don't know what to do. the upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket. my fiance is ready to use hers. i think i'm going to get a white evo for her. that will hold me off on something new for a while, but its not the same when its not in my pocket all day. wp7 better hurry up! i have barely seen anything good about it, but im willing to wait and see. at least some initial prototype stuff. if i don't see something soon, the epic 4g may be calling me. anyway, here is the article. it just highlight all the niceties about our current phone.
http://htcpedia.com/news/touch-pro2-tips.html

Last edited by austin420; 07-23-2010 at 11:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

murtynvr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: amidst all the hating, a nice article about the touch pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
just found this on htcpedia. just a quick reminder of why we all used to love our touch pro 2s. i'm personally holding out with mine. i just don't see the glory in the evo. i'm interested in the epic. i don't know if i can hold out till wp7. i just don't know what to do. the upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket. my fiance is ready to use hers. i think i'm going to get a white evo for her. that will hold me off on something new for a while, but its not the same when its not in my pocket all day. wp7 better hurry up! i have barely seen anything good about it, but im willing to wait and see. at least some initial prototype stuff. if i don't see something soon, the epic 4g may be calling me. anyway, here is the article. it just highlight all the niceties about our current phone.
thanks for sharing. its a good one re-iterating the capabilities of touch pro2. thanks to chefs and all geeks out here, their contribution made this.

Article says touch pro2 not up to par . in todays world with so much of happening in mobile space, a phone which we brought today may be outdated sooner than we think that i hold a latest device. and again we cannot jusk stick to the current one for ages. we need to move on and catch up with the new phones for even better work and play things.

Personally i feel touch pro2 is a great device and the best of all pocket pcs i used. ya i will be among the first to buy wp7 once it is released.so far it looks promising to me. however i never gonna hate my tp2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

At a BBQ this summer, I noticed that five of us in a close cirlcle of friends each had a TP2 (3 Sprint, 1 Sprint SERO, 1 TMO). They all regularly hate on the phone's every problem and not oddly enough, they all had stock roms while I was on a custom one.

I realize that the black screen, general lagginess, oily screen, and malfunctioning keyboard all exist in custom roms, but is it possible that the stock roms sucked to the point of ruining the phone's reputation for life?

I'll go on record as saying that Sprint roms for the TP1 and TP2 were ages ahead of the Mogul (all-time worst WM rom!).
Old 07-23-2010, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just thought it was funny about the evo, a customer brought it in, and i kept going, my tp2 could do that,that, and that, and that too lol.

IMO, coolest thing about the evo is that it could have the despicable me app that translates what the minions are saying.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME

Last edited by pimpsuprazx; 07-23-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
why not enjoy the evo now, microsoft could may well be a bust, in which time you wasted 6 months of your life, n then the next thing will be on the horizon, i see a trend here.....lol
Old 07-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

RogueWelkin is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to RogueWelkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
IMO, coolest thing about the evo is that it could have the despicable me app that translates what the minions are saying.

I've got that app on my Touch Pro 2, so it can do that too.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch

gunner05 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to gunner05

what's the thing about HTC releasing a fix for SMS? http://www.htc.com/www/SupportViewNe...90&news_id=697

I have Mightyrom installed, will the patch still work? I hope this is the reason people are not responding to my messages, because the alternative is disheartening.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner05 View Post
what's the thing about HTC releasing a fix for SMS? http://www.htc.com/www/SupportViewNe...90&news_id=697

I have Mightyrom installed, will the patch still work? I hope this is the reason people are not responding to my messages, because the alternative is disheartening.
Nope......

There is a thread where we tried, Mr. X created a cab for it but it caused all kinds of issues with MMS. works good I believe on the GSM side of things I believe though.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127723

Old 07-23-2010, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueWelkin View Post
oh thats bad ass then lol
Old 07-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueWelkin View Post
Do you have android running on your TP2? Where can I get that app, my kids would love it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2