PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUCHPRo 2
Carrier: sprint

dubmang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dubmang Send a message via Yahoo to dubmang
a FEW questions..

since search is bringing up the results im not looking for im going to ask here since maybe the day crowd can answer..

btw im not on any special ROM

1) how do i activate my gps on my phone to give me better readings while using the google maps app? every time i try to configure it comes up with an error.

2) which is the most stable app that i can use to tether? i have a sero plan

3) how do i set a single ring tone to work for all my texts?

4) do i SERIOUSLY have to run a ROM to make my phone funner? ive had it for almost a year now and things to become quite tedious after a while... but its the best phone i can get for SERO so...
Old 07-19-2010, 04:50 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: a FEW questions..

1 - Quick GPS
2 - I use the app that is cooked into my Energy Rom but IIRC its tom wifi tether or something like that
3 - start settings/sounds&notifications/then scroll down to incoming text and then select a ringer
4 - Yes and No but totally up too you. The custom roms all have their own tweaks/advantages to be make your phone more custom to your likings

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 07-19-2010, 04:54 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmang View Post
1) how do i activate my gps on my phone to give me better readings while using the google maps app? every time i try to configure it comes up with an error.

2) which is the most stable app that i can use to tether? i have a sero plan

3) how do i set a single ring tone to work for all my texts?

4) do i SERIOUSLY have to run a ROM to make my phone funner? ive had it for almost a year now and things to become quite tedious after a while... but its the best phone i can get for SERO so...
1. what error do you get when using gps on google maps?

2. Wifi Router, ICS(usb tether native in your device), WMWifiRouter(paid app, but free 21day trial)

3. settings>sounds/noitifcations>notifications>use drop down box for SMS>pick tone

4. im running stock 6.5 and my phone can do anything any custom rom phone can.. so the answer is NO, you dont have to flash to do anything you see someone else doing..

custom roms just go alot deeper.. chefs usually totally skin out their Roms, get rid of all the carrier branded bloatware(giving more available storage on device), add apps they feel are worthwhile, tweak the reg and settings, etc... it saves alot of time and space to flash custom Roms usually.. however, when it comes to the TP2, i find stock to most stable and most compatible with everything
Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUCHPRo 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

dubmang is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dubmang Send a message via Yahoo to dubmang

well when i go to the options for the GPS while in the google maps app it says gps cannot be located, when i went to the gps program on my phone everything is checked and its recently dll all the satelites.

ive never heard of those names, i remember a longgg time ago i had pdanet for my palm centro, but isnt their a sticky .cab here that keeps the tethering stealth? im not planning on using this as my main connection but id like to FREELY roam the web for the one weekend a month, 2weeks a year times...

no i know how to acccess the menu to set the reingtone but how do i save my .mp3 files to the ringtone folder?

i wish someone did a excel spreadsheet on like the 5 most popular ROMS and different options they have and check if theyre compatible lol.. they all look like they speed things up and give you cool colored interfaces, but thats not enough info from each
Old 07-20-2010, 01:23 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the cab is called just that...the stealth tethering cab. just search for it and you'll find the cab

if you're planning on getting a part of a whole mpe3 song...use the native mp3 trimmer app to select the section of the song. the you can cut/copy the file to File Explorer>My Device>Window>Rings. that's here all your ringers/notifications files are stored. once you save the mp3 file you want in that folder, y.ou should be able to select it in the notifications menu and assign it for your text messages

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 07-20-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmang View Post
no i know how to acccess the menu to set the reingtone but how do i save my .mp3 files to the ringtone folder?

i wish someone did a excel spreadsheet on like the 5 most popular ROMS and different options they have and check if theyre compatible lol.. they all look like they speed things up and give you cool colored interfaces, but thats not enough info from each
I just drop the ringtone into the root of my sd card and it plays from there, that way if I have to HR my device I don't lose the ringtones. As far as most popular roms, you can go to upgrades and look at the number of posts and views, should give some indication. MM and X have been solid, Vin's are great also as are most of the chefs rom's here. I personally think there's a lot more to going with a custom rom, but to each their own. As far as stability I've been on X's latest and tethered with it for over a week and a half camping, no need for resets, great battery life, not a ton of eye candy, but there is some skinning done, just overall a much better ROM than stock IMO and you can stealth tether via usb or wifi.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2