PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 09:05 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u
Re: U.S. Cellular's new National 3G Data Coverage requires ROM upgrade on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
if i did say that, please tell me where so that i can edit it. radio only has to be unlocked for sprint and uscc tp2's to use gsm carriers in the US. Nothing to do with this update.

ah, I see. I must have misread or misinterpreted. My bad.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:30 PM
I break things, for fun.

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

So I flashed the New USCC rom and my PRI stays at 1.63._027
Old 07-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: US Cellular

Emmrt6 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post

Same thing for me. Radio version changed but PRI version still says 1.63_027.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmrt6 View Post
Same thing for me. Radio version changed but PRI version still says 1.63_027.
you'll just have to install the pri manually like i described on first page.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:46 PM
I break things, for fun.

Quote:
you'll just have to install the pri manually like i described on first page.

Will do, thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Will do, thanks!
you're welcome man. anytime.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:36 AM
I break things, for fun.

Quote:
you're welcome man. anytime.

Sweet! worked just as you said it would.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Ok I'm gonna add 2 cents only because of how much I know about PRI's from recoding the VZW PRI for the Touch Pro to unlock the gps.

The best way to get the pri and radio is to just simply flash the rom. NOT the extacted file. You need to run it from the packaged executable or you will not get the PRI, just the radio and rom.

I recently updated my PRI on the VZW TP2 via the method razor defined. Now that is the normal practice so I'm not saying I disagree one bit with him but ppst.exe doesnt seem to act right in WM6.5. I ended up with a device that would not authenticate even after relocking and installing the entire update. I was forced to deal with VZW's dreaded customer service.

I pray the normal method works for you guys. Maybe my issues are because Verizon always adds extra junk to screw up what are normally perfectly good devices.

As I said, just my 2 cents. Want everyone aware of what can potentially happen if the PRI doesnt load properly via ppst.exe

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 07-22-2010, 09:16 PM
I break things, for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Ok I'm gonna add 2 cents only because of how much I know about PRI's from recoding the VZW PRI for the Touch Pro to unlock the gps.

The best way to get the pri and radio is to just simply flash the rom. NOT the extacted file. You need to run it from the packaged executable or you will not get the PRI, just the radio and rom.

I recently updated my PRI on the VZW TP2 via the method razor defined. Now that is the normal practice so I'm not saying I disagree one bit with him but ppst.exe doesnt seem to act right in WM6.5. I ended up with a device that would not authenticate even after relocking and installing the entire update. I was forced to deal with VZW's dreaded customer service.

I pray the normal method works for you guys. Maybe my issues are because Verizon always adds extra junk to screw up what are normally perfectly good devices.

As I said, just my 2 cents. Want everyone aware of what can potentially happen if the PRI doesnt load properly via ppst.exe

I agree hopefully for everyone else using the executable that they download works.

Unfortunately, for me I did use the executable but only the new radio flashed. I had to take the cab out and install as Razor layed out.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I flashed it back to stock using the exe file, and did the #228 so this is my results.

PRL:15095
PRI: 2.43_027

I saw others talk of a 15096, not sure why mine says 15095, but doesn't matter to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
national 3g, rom, tp2, upgrade, uscc