PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 02:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Cresco299 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock Rom (MR1) 1st Run Wizard -Navigation Troubles

First - Great site, nearly everything imaginable has already been posted. So after 3 months of flashing and tinkering this is my first post.

I'm returning my phone under a warranty issue. The screen has become totally unresponsive and Verizon is replacing it w/ a refurb. Fortunately the TP2 has a key pad that has allowed me to make calls and scroll through most options that are available.

To prepare for the return I've flashed MR1 stock rom and was then planning to relock and ship it out. Unfortunately, after loading the MR1 rom, the TP2 is diligently trying to put me through the "Set up Wizard". Because my touch screen isn't responding and the keypad doesn't seem to allow me to proceed through the wizard using the keys, I'm kinda stuck. I can navigate away from the wizard, but for only seconds at a time and then it pops back up. Also, I can no longer make phone calls (maybe the phone feature will work again if I can manage to get through the wizard).

So my questions are:
1) Should I just lock it and leave it like this? I think this would be obvious to whatever tech looks at it that it's been recently flashed thus voiding the warranty. (or do they even look that closely when these get returned?)
2) Should I try flashing Mr. X's MR2? Will that have the same set up wizard at the beginning and then relock from there? (I'm under the impression that I can flash his MR2 update without the phone being locked.)
3) Is there any file that I can delete or alter through ActiveSync that will allow me to prevent the phone from proceeding through the Setup wizard?

-Thanks
Old 07-19-2010, 02:13 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: Stock Rom (MR1) 1st Run Wizard -Navigation Troubles

I know when i had to send my treo pro back that i just left the flashed rom on it and haven't heard anything since. thats with sprint i dont know if verizon is any different? i really dont think they are going to have a tech look at it they pretty much get stipped of all good parts then reassembled and a new refurb is born

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 07-19-2010, 02:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Wow! You left the custom Rom on and didn't bother relocking it? On second thought I suppose it would be pretty pointless to relock your phone with a custom rom running. I'm probably a little to paranoid to be that blasé.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

just flash stock rom and relock. thats the way everyone does it. most people do a hard reset prior to returning, so the setup wizard would show up after doing that also. doesn't matter. use this if you really want to get past it. http://www.mymobiler.com/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:14 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

+1 for mymoblier since your screen is broken
Old 07-20-2010, 12:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
just flash stock rom and relock. thats the way everyone does it. most people do a hard reset prior to returning, so the setup wizard would show up after doing that also. doesn't matter. use this if you really want to get past it. http://www.mymobiler.com/

Thanks for the info. I did try mymobiler but the there is a little "pop-up" that displays at the bottom of the screen asking if I want to trust the source(mymobiler). And I simply cannot get the the phone to select "Yes". Apparently it will only accept a touch response. But I'll take your advice and re-lock from here.
I appreciate the help everyone.

Last edited by Cresco299; 07-20-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: I can tie my shoes better than I can type :)
Old 07-20-2010, 01:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ok, so now I'm trying to re-lock and I'm encountering the same issue. Running the Re-locker RUU brings a pop-up on screen that says something to the effect of "Program running is from an unknown publisher...." and asks if I want to proceed. But not having the ability to press "yes" the RUU just terminates itself assuming a bad connection.

Am I fudged?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresco299 View Post
Ok, so now I'm trying to re-lock and I'm encountering the same issue. Running the Re-locker RUU brings a pop-up on screen that says something to the effect of "Program running is from an unknown publisher...." and asks if I want to proceed. But not having the ability to press "yes" the RUU just terminates itself assuming a bad connection.

Am I fudged?
put it in bootloader mode, then run the relocker
Old 07-20-2010, 01:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
put it in bootloader mode, then run the relocker
You Rock x 1,000

Thanks again
Old 07-20-2010, 03:19 PM
DarkLight

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

You can also completely bypass the setup wizard on MR1 by putting a file on the root of a microSD card called "welcome.not". Leave the file empty and boot up from a soft reboot after a flash or hard reboot with the microSD in the slot and it will bypass the wizard and go straight into the phone.

--DL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2