PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
any recommended CHM reader for med books and TP2?

Hey y'all - looking for some suggestions on a reliable CHM reader for Stock Sprint 6.5 TP2 - I tried a friend's "fast chm reader" and it did not load any of my medical CHM books at all - all the characters were not rendered properly. The chm files range from ~3-4mb-200mb.

Any recommendations on something that would be useful? I've been reading these chm files on the PC, and it would be great to have them on the fly w/ me and the TP2.

I've installed these chm files on my class 4 SD card (4gb) - but I think on occasion I received on the larger files : "out of memory"

My TP2 stats right now show :

phone :
total storage :192mb
used storage :83mb
free storage : 109mb

total program :183.18
used program : 122.19
free program :60.99

SD: total memory : 3768 / used : 985.19

I thought if I install apps and files onto the SD card, I wouldn't run into any memory issues? Alright, anyways - thanks so much for any other applications I might be able to use to read these CHM files. Thank you!
Old 08-03-2010, 01:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium CDMA/GSM
Carrier: Iusacell / Telcel on Roaming

drmolle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: any recommended CHM reader for med books and TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
Hey y'all - looking for some suggestions on a reliable CHM reader for Stock Sprint 6.5 TP2 - I tried a friend's "fast chm reader" and it did not load any of my medical CHM books at all - all the characters were not rendered properly. The chm files range from ~3-4mb-200mb.

Any recommendations on something that would be useful? I've been reading these chm files on the PC, and it would be great to have them on the fly w/ me and the TP2.

I've installed these chm files on my class 4 SD card (4gb) - but I think on occasion I received on the larger files : "out of memory"

My TP2 stats right now show :

phone :
total storage :192mb
used storage :83mb
free storage : 109mb

total program :183.18
used program : 122.19
free program :60.99

SD: total memory : 3768 / used : 985.19

I thought if I install apps and files onto the SD card, I wouldn't run into any memory issues? Alright, anyways - thanks so much for any other applications I might be able to use to read these CHM files. Thank you!
Does the CHM reader gives you any message? or the Text just doesn´t apear at all.

Give a look to:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=555522
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=563585

However this will take a step back to an earlier Pocket Internet Explorer version that all CHM readers seems to use, and this will take down the Manila mail reader since It relies on newer PIE.

I havent found any answer around and even the MicorOlap CHM reader Author didn´t care too much.

I hope somehow we figure auto how to deal with this. Every time I need to read a CHM I intall teh cab and If I need to read emails I unininstall it with a soft reset each time wich is very tiome consuming.

Greetings

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2