PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 08:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lief4321 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Trac Phone SIM Not Working

hello, i SIM unlocked my TP2 about a week ago and i recently got a tracphone on ebay with about 90 minutes on for 5 bucks so i wanted to experiment to see if it would work on my sprint tp2 i put the sim in there right and evreything but when i started up the phone it said no SIM detected switching to CDMA only mode Any Suggestions ?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:49 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Trac Phone SIM Not Working

lol. sim is in the right way right? lol. just had to ask.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lief4321 View Post
hello, i SIM unlocked my TP2 about a week ago and i recently got a tracphone on ebay with about 90 minutes on for 5 bucks so i wanted to experiment to see if it would work on my sprint tp2 i put the sim in there right and evreything but when i started up the phone it said no SIM detected switching to CDMA only mode Any Suggestions ?
you sure the trac has minutes on the card? if it even can work, never though of trying this one.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Eat Static

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Trac Phone SIMS are connected to the phone they come with. You can't swap them into other phones. At least that's what I've been told. I've never tried it.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lief4321 is a n00b

yes the sim is in the right way,

and i have a trac phone (cheap motorola) that says 90 minutes on the phone when i put the sim card in there and i can make calls from the trac phone using that sim card
Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog54 View Post
Trac Phone SIMS are connected to the phone they come with. You can't swap them into other phones. At least that's what I've been told. I've never tried it.
just tried with my moms and your correct from what i see
Old 07-16-2010, 08:57 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

guess he beat me to it LOL,
Quote:

trac phones minutes arent tied to the SIM.. the SIM is only to hold contact for swapping phones out.. minutes for trac for are tied to the phone number.. transfer the number, transfers the minutes.. poping the SIM into a brand new trac phone with a new number, just gives you contacts..

international SIM cards im pretty sure are the only thing that works for Sprint and the whole SIM unlock situation.. i dont think it can be a domestic card... (feel free to correct me here, im not SIM unlocked as its not needed by me)..

that help as far as the trac phone SIM to allowing you to go GSM atleast??

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 07-16-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: while typing the correct answer was posted
Old 07-16-2010, 08:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lief4321 is a n00b

Quote:
but when i put the international roaming card in the Tracphone it asks for subsidy code ( At Least It Detects It)
Old 07-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Eat Static

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Quote:
but when i put the international roaming card in the Tracphone it asks for subsidy code ( At Least It Detects It)
You would need to unlock the phone for it to work. This is from the first sticky in the Howard Forums Tracfone forum...

PHONE UNLOCKING:
This forum has asked that no questions be asked about putting TF/N10 phones on other forums so I will sum it up with the basics.

Basically America Movil has made their phones very hard to unlock or flash to other networks to prevent people called phone traffickers from easily buying up tons of their cheap retail phones , unlocking/flashing them to another network or system and reselling them overseas. This cuts into America Movil profits severely. They have launched a very successful campaign at suing such people and usually winning. They also have evolved the security on their phones to be so difficult to crack that it is beyond the reach of most ordinary users and even the average phone unlocker/flasher probably.

TF/N10 phones have sim unlock apps on them. LEAVE THEM ALONE.
Even if you could unlock a TF/N10 gsm sim phone, it would only be a half way unlock. You would have to FLASH or reprogram the airtank built in. That would make them usable with other sims, but will render them useless on the TF/N10 network.
As for ST phones, they are still new and it has been known that the first generation models (All the Motorolas) can be used with minor modification on the Page Plus system which shares the same Verizon prepaid network under it that Straight Talk does. Whether they will modify/increase the security levels in future ST phones remains to be seen as Tracfones too were at one time easily unlockable when they first launched. Whether the newest ST models (Samsungs and LGs can be used on Page Plus or other networks is still unknown at this time. That is more of a question to be answered in the Page Plus technical forums then here).
Old 07-16-2010, 09:10 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
now you have an international SIM card there too?? your just full of left out info huh LOL j/k

the SIM in your trac phone, is not an international SIM.. its not a functioning SIM card, it ONLY stores your contacts.. i have a trac phone with like 800 minutes on it, my TP2 doesnt recognize it either.. its not going to

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 07-16-2010 at 09:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2